FREE TEENAGEERIC

Stinky Muff guy was banned with cause - he made additional accounts to get around it and got blocked. 

Eric is 15. Let's all remember what we were like at 15 and give him a second chance. I was sent to scared straight due to something I did at his age - thank God making mistakes was a forgivable offense when I was a kid because today I would have faced mandatory jail time. Think about these things - I'm a successful and productive member of society that today would have had my future in doubt over one stupid decision that hurt no one. 

So let's all just see if he even returns and allow it to play out. When someone is suspended they return on a probationary status. That means a short leash. 

It wasn't so much the things he said, but where/when he said them. The epitome of "too soon". 

Kind of like how Louis CK gets away with saying nigger, but Michael Richards didn't. 

He seems like a real kid with horrible social skills and I genuinely hope he changes and doesn't do something stupid over being banned on an internet forum. 

Seriously, do people think Eric is being cut too much slack for being young? To be honest I advocated to have him banned initially but think a suspension was the right first step. I know there will be some poor reaction if/when he returns but as noted above we have an ignore function. I'm hoping we get more Teen Angst poetry like the bloodstain on a shirt post - priceless.

Seriously, do people think Eric is being cut too much slack for being young? To be honest I advocated to have him banned initially but think a suspension was the right first step. I know there will be some poor reaction if/when he returns but as noted above we have an ignore function. I'm hoping we get more Teen Angst poetry like the bloodstain on a shirt post - priceless.

I don't care how old a person is but when they make one "joke" at a horrible tragedy, then see people's reaction to his "joke" and then responds to those reactions with not one, but TWO more "jokes" about it crosses the line

Fuck that! Being 15 is not an excuse. There are 20+ and even 30+ people around here who act a fool just as bad as Eric. Difference is that he took shit too far after a long time of doing so with the comments in the marathon thread.

I sure as hell didn't act like that when I was 15.

I don't care how old a person is but when they make one "joke" at a horrible tragedy, then see people's reaction to his "joke" and then responds to those reactions with not one, but TWO more "jokes" about it crosses the line

Agreed. It was a line crossed that plenty people here felt it was unnecessary and far beyond poor taste.

I think he should have been banned. He contributes nothing. Doesn't buy or sell. He essentially is just on here to annoy people. 

Agreed as well.

It would be different if he just made one really bad attempt at a joke. If he would have just seen everyone's reactions and said something along the lines of "you're right, that was really stupid and I apologize" then it might not have gone this far. Instead of doing that he just quoted those reactions and made two more jokes about it.

Fuck that! Being 15 is not an excuse. There are 20+ and even 30+ people around here who act a fool just as bad as Eric. Difference is that he took shit too far after a long time of doing so with the comments in the marathon thread.

I sure as hell didn't act like that when I was 15.

I think he should have been banned. He contributes nothing. Doesn't buy or sell. He essentially is just on here to annoy people. 

Both QFT

We've all said and posted plenty of stupid shit in our time here. Expect to get flamed when doing so. But when you post anything that is intolerant, offensive to others, and crossing that thin line of good taste, expect to be taken action on. Warned or suspended or banned. That is the reality of these boards.

He's just gotta go for the good of the community. Derails every topic, then everyone (not saying I'm not included myself. I get sucked in too) has to try and tell him to grow up, then someone else says to ignore him, then someone talks about when they were 15, then someone says that he isn't a real person, and on and on.

I think the Boston thing is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Everyone is just tired of the same thing over and over.

Why not put it up for vote? Come to a mod-consensus decision that if X% of people vote to give him the boot, then he goes. Keep that number private to discourage any manipulation. My opinon -- if 7,8, or 9 out of 10 people who use this board would rather you are banned, that is enough. Trial by jury (of all VC).

i’m just glad I didn’t even know what a forum was when I was 15. no one has legitimate typed out evidence of me being a little bastard.