Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

yeah, this happened to me, it was basically folded in half shoved into my small apartment mail box.

it never got resolved, I tried to file a claim but it was royal mail from the UK so there wasn't much either side could to. they even questioned the mail man who was 100% sure he didn't do it. later I found out it was a fill-in mail woman who did it.

the manager of my branch offered to reimburse me out of his pocket, but wanted to meet and give me the money at coffee shop - also he left a couple creepy voice mails ("let's hook up and get this resolved"), so I said screw it, and took the loss.

iiii remember this. creepy story. 

I have a package coming in that said "Out for Delivery" on Monday.  Stayed that way all day and night. At 9 AM on the dot on Tuesday it changed to "Delivered".  I figured "Eh, must have gotten lost in the truck or something. Didn't come Wwednesday either. And good luck getting anyone at the post office on the phone. The automated system pulled a 2001 on me and insisted it could help me and when I said "No, Representative" it promptly hung up on me.

I had something like this happen to me recently with three packages when I had put my mail on hold. Talked to the branch my mail is delivered from, and, while they're adamant it wasn't actually delivered, they have never come up with any actual solution. Fortunately, one of the labels was willing to send the order again. Situation sucks.

Receiving my mail once the hold was over was weird too. They started delivering my mail again a day after the hold was over, then it took them a couple more days to actually deliver the mail that accumulated during the hold period.

the manager of my branch offered to reimburse me out of his pocket, but wanted to meet and give me the money at coffee shop - also he left a couple creepy voice mails ("let's hook up and get this resolved"), so I said screw it, and took the loss.

Holllllllly shit, that is skeevy.

I had a package that had the status of "out for delivery" all day yesterday but as of 10:15 last night it says "delivery status not updated."  Has anyone had this happen?  Should I contact USPS right away?

i had this happen once; turned out a rogue postal worker stole a bunch of stuff from the post office and i never got my record

My saga continues... called 1 branch, super helpful, but they don't deliver to me. He basically offered me the solution of going to every floor in my 25+ floor building and asking if they got my mail.

Called another branch he suggested, they don't deliver here either but it was a sweet old lady named Doris who struggled with the ocmputer to find out where my actual post office is.

Finally, I call the correct post office, and they are just awful people. 20 rings and I get "Yeah?" I explain my situation and she says "okay, hold" hangs up. I call abck "Yeah I just got hung up one..." "okay" transfer. I explain my situation to transfer number one who answers the phone "What?" I explain, he says okay, and transfers me. 3rd guy says Yes, hello?" I explain, he says okay hang on and transfers me.... Transfer number 4 and I say look man I just got hung up on and transferred four times, don't transfer me again. He sayso kay, but gotta put you on hold for a minute. I say okay... and fifteen minutes later I hang up.

WTF @ this entire paragraph, the first red flag was him willing to pay out his own pocket, but meeting you at a coffee shop to do so? Lol

You should have met him at the coffee shop.

It could have given a whole new meaning to "Fuckin' USPS: the thread."

Seriously though, that's double A+ creepy right there.

My saga continues... called 1 branch, super helpful, but they don't deliver to me. He basically offered me the solution of going to every floor in my 25+ floor building and asking if they got my mail.

Called another branch he suggested, they don't deliver here either but it was a sweet old lady named Doris who struggled with the ocmputer to find out where my actual post office is.

Finally, I call the correct post office, and they are just awful people. 20 rings and I get "Yeah?" I explain my situation and she says "okay, hold" hangs up. I call abck "Yeah I just got hung up one..." "okay" transfer. I explain my situation to transfer number one who answers the phone "What?" I explain, he says okay, and transfers me. 3rd guy says Yes, hello?" I explain, he says okay hang on and transfers me.... Transfer number 4 and I say look man I just got hung up on and transferred four times, don't transfer me again. He sayso kay, but gotta put you on hold for a minute. I say okay... and fifteen minutes later I hang up.

Shit. Do you live in New Orleans? Sounds like trying to call anybody, any day of the week, for anything.

Shit. Do you live in New Orleans? Sounds like trying to call anybody, any day of the week, for anything.

NYC.

I've tried to call back since then but no one answers the phone. At all. 100 rings and then it auto-hangs up.

Going to walk down there tomorrow during my lunch if the package doesn't miraculously show up today.

You should have met him at the coffee shop.

It could have given a whole new meaning to "Fuckin' USPS: the thread."

Seriously though, that's double A+ creepy right there.

I made a thread about it when it happend, it was crazy. More stuff happened, it was almost a 2 month ordeal.

my broken basement colourmeinkindness record release is still sitting at my old post office, that's all I do know. (i had to take it in as proof, but after the weird guy, never went back to get it.)

Wow, that's pretty bad. Reminds me of when I tried to cancel Dish Network years ago and they kept cutting me off. 

I really hope this isn't the case. This record is Pinback - Summer In Abaddon, one of my all-time favorites.

That would suck but at least that album isn't rare at all.

made a thread about this yesterday.. probably should have started here.

won an auction on ebay a few weeks ago, and it was shipping from singapore. the shipping service is jet-ship, and according to the tracking, it's basically been in limbo in a "local usps facility" for a week now.

yesterday was the first time i checked, and since then, it has updated saying a request has been sent to see what the hell is going on.

i understood that it was going to take a while to ship, but goddamn. wonky-ass singapore service seems to have done its part. usps can't just fucking sort this thing and send it to me?

^^ that's the worst. Hopefully that gets figured out sooner than later Ry. 

Unrelated: I bought a friend the UK retail variant of Paracosm from amazon.co.uk as a trade for another record a week or so ago. The record come in today completely bent to shit. Amazon.co.uk does international returns within 30 days but it's just a headache that could've been avoided with very little care given to the contents of the mail.  

made a thread about this yesterday.. probably should have started here.

won an auction on ebay a few weeks ago, and it was shipping from singapore. the shipping service is jet-ship, and according to the tracking, it's basically been in limbo in a "local usps facility" for a week now.

yesterday was the first time i checked, and since then, it has updated saying a request has been sent to see what the hell is going on.

i understood that it was going to take a while to ship, but goddamn. wonky-ass singapore service seems to have done its part. usps can't just fucking sort this thing and send it to me?

I'm sure it'll make it's way to you. I ordered from China one time took like 2 months for the item to get to my place. The company sent a refund because they thought it might've been lost. So yeah, it later came in the mail and I got the refund. I feel bad, but I don't at the same time. Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...