Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Oh come on!

4AheDKQ.jpg

i wonder how many USPS employees have gotten fired over handling packages fucked up. probably none. cramming shit inside mail boxes happens way more often than it should. and shitcanning those jackasses would be a sure fire way for them to cut costs.

seeing this photo and that recent viral vid of the fedex lady throwing dozens upon dozens of pacakges into the back of her truck and getting literally some random guy to hurl packages along with her made me think of how the USPS handles these situations.

I once had a mailman fold a package with two 12"s inside to fit in my mailbox. Part of it was due to a poor packaging job, but come on!

:o

I would be furious. My mailman recently tried to do something like this... luckily I was home, ran out the door at him, and just took it from him. I really don't trust him that much after that.

Since some delivery employees seem unaware that records are in the packages, or that records shouldn't be bent, why not leave a note on your mailbox that reads:

I often receive records. They

cannot be bent, so please

leave at front door or leave

a pick up slip. Thank you.

Can't agree with this more. If you're worried about having an idiot mail carrier, then call your post office and tell them that for any packages you receive that you want to be left a notice and that you'll come pick them up

Sure, it might be a slight inconvenience but driving to the post office and picking up your record sure as hell beats getting it damaged.

i wonder how many USPS employees have gotten fired over handling packages fucked up. probably none. cramming shit inside mail boxes happens way more often than it should. and shitcanning those jackasses would be a sure fire way for them to cut costs.

Luckily the record was unharmed. Hard to tell from the pic but it was a 7". I was mainly ticked off because, while I'm sure it fit in the box fine with the cover open for the mail carrier, there are edges that made it impossible for me to get out through my opening. I lucked out and happened to be walking out the door the next day while my carrier was there to deliver and had him help me get it out. We had a good laugh and it was an honest mistake. 

Cool story bro, I know.

Oh come on!

4AheDKQ.jpg

Sorry to see that, but I actually don't mind when the mail women does that for me because I have an unusually wide mailbox that easily fits media mail boxes, but usually it's left in front door step, we have a police statin across the street from my house so we live in a safe place where no one worries about mail be snatched

Question maybe someone can help me out with: So I shipped a record I sold on ebay in the beginning of july, and today i get a message saying they havent received it. I checked the delivery confirmation and the record hasn't moved since july 8th from a location. How do I go about getting the record moving again?

How do I go about getting the record moving again?

You really can't. Let me guess, it's New Jersey? Well this happens to me all the time. It says it's somewhere, but really it's in transit has happened to me a lot lately. It's already confirmed that it's shipped. So you're ok there. You can call the post office of where it's "stuck"

• 4 weeks later...

ATLP-

Similar but different situation.

I have a package coming in that said "Out for Delivery" on Monday.  Stayed that way all day and night. At 9 AM on the dot on Tuesday it changed to "Delivered".  I figured "Eh, must have gotten lost in the truck or something. Didn't come Wwednesday either. And good luck getting anyone at the post office on the phone. The automated system pulled a 2001 on me and insisted it could help me and when I said "No, Representative" it promptly hung up on me.

ATLP-

Similar but different situation.

I have a package coming in that said "Out for Delivery" on Monday. Stayed that way all day and night. At 9 AM on the dot on Tuesday it changed to "Delivered". I figured "Eh, must have gotten lost in the truck or something. Didn't come Wwednesday either. And good luck getting anyone at the post office on the phone. The automated system pulled a 2001 on me and insisted it could help me and when I said "No, Representative" it promptly hung up on me.

You need to call the specific post office that the package left from or went out for delivery from. Tell them whats up and give them the tracking number. My local post office has always hooked me up with useful info when I've had a problem. That 1-800 number is nothing but a frustration.

I had a package that had the status of "out for delivery" all day yesterday but as of 10:15 last night it says "delivery status not updated."  Has anyone had this happen?  Should I contact USPS right away?

I've had this happen once or twice and it's always shown up the next day. I'd definitely call the PO to be safe, but with luck, you'll get it today.

You need to call the specific post office that the package left from or went out for delivery from. Tell them whats up and give them the tracking number. My local post office has always hooked me up with useful info when I've had a problem. That 1-800 number is nothing but a frustration.

That was definitely my next step. I don't expect much help, unfortunately, as I'm in the center of Manhattan, but thanks!

i had a carrier put a slip in my mailbox and then not actually deliver it to my front office. I called my post office and basically made him come back and give it to me. he was pissed, but his boss was even more pissed that he did that. So i think some people at the usps actually give a shit.

Oh come on!

4AheDKQ.jpg

yeah, this happened to me, it was basically folded in half shoved into my small apartment mail box.

it never got resolved, I tried to file a claim but it was royal mail from the UK so there wasn't much either side could to. they even questioned the mail man who was 100% sure he didn't do it. later I found out it was a fill-in mail woman who did it.

the manager of my branch offered to reimburse me out of his pocket, but wanted to meet and give me the money at coffee shop - also he left a couple creepy voice mails ("let's hook up and get this resolved"), so I said screw it, and took the loss.