Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

my girlfriend ordered me the 4 MC Chris record i didn't have for my birthday but in two separate orders, they were both scheduled to come on the same day, and both switched to delivered went to check her mail and only one of the packages was in there, and the post office isn't helping at all. honestly have no idea where it could be :/

It's more likely to get damaged during actual shipment vs. on the delivery truck.  I deliver packages and they come down the sort line already beat up and I'm stuck delivering it in this condition, yet I had nothing to do with it.

I assumed this was the case. Like a waiter when the food gets cooked wrong. 

My mailman tosses the packages up onto my porch...or I should say, flings them...he's an ass....luckily no problems yet....

My mail lady is all about the records for frisbees life. But I've definitely mentioned this across quite a few threads. I haven't had too many problems either but I'm willing to bet it's how I end up with so many seam and jacket splits.

Dude that works in my complex office is a collector and he yelled at my mail guy the other day. I guess the dude was specifically treating my LPs like shit. Stepping on them when he was taking stuff out of his truck, etc. since then I guess the carrier is super careful. Haha

Dude that works in my complex office is a collector and he yelled at my mail guy the other day. I guess the dude was specifically treating my LPs like shit. Stepping on them when he was taking stuff out of his truck, etc. since then I guess the carrier is super careful. Haha

What in the world? I just don't see how that would benefit him (the mailman) besides get himself fired.

XYIaLx2.jpg

Yesterday I went down stairs to help the mailman out and save him a trip upstairs. My records were underneath one of those plastic containers you see in the photograph full of junk mail, easily 20-30 pounds. 

Took them home and opened, they were in tip top condition. It's all in the packaging I believe.

My postal lady leaves them on my door stop and rings the door bell.

Her replacement when she was on vacation, must have been blind. Within 3 weeks I had half a dozen letters/packages misdelivered to my neighbors. And I received their mail as well. 

As for my broken record I posted on the previous page, the seller accused me of "taking a hammer to it because I didn't like the music"... what -_-

I've been very lucky with my mail delivery - LP mailers can fit in the mailbox, gently, tilted out so the top lid of the mailbox is open

Boxes of records are left on the ground or on the porch

If it's raining or snowing, they've been separately placed on the back porch under the roof, or by the back door

Nothing has ever been 'stuffed' in anything, and that word makes me cringe. I appear to have mail people with some common sense. Who would 'stuff' a package of ANYTHING into a tiny container? What are you thinking? I don't care if it's cloth or marbles or newborn babies. Don't stuff.

My mail guy is super friendly. He'll strike up conversation about his old records sometimes or make jokes about how much money I spend and what not. Always pulls up to the house, honks his horn so I know he is there and meet him outside. If I'm not home or happen to not hear him, he places them on the chair on my porch or leans them against the door. UPS guy, on the other hand, likes to just toss shit everywhere.

I just yelled at the postlady for shotputting my package from the street to my porch. I've heard that thump one too many times.

Holy smokes! That's horrible (who the hell chucks mail? it saves like 10 seconds from walking to someones door geez! sorry about that I'd freak out too) 

Just received my Handsome LP. USPS looks like they used it for home plate during a baseball game. The packaging was so jacked I feared the worst and sure enough the sleeve looks like it was chewed on by many dogs and the record itself actually has a bend / dent on the edge going through most of the first track. fuckin usps....

photo12.jpg

I got my copy of Electric Lady last week and it came in this excessively large LP mailer... even bigger than SSD's (which are fantastic).  Now I don't think it is excessive.  You all should live in Florida... USPS doesn't ruin your records here.  

The worst packaging I ever got was the senders fault Songs for the Deaf  in a bubble mailer from Denmark or the Cake record flexed with a big package of Styrofoam packing peanuts.

so i have two separate packages that were sent to my residence.  both were said to be delivered last week. they were in fact not.  i called the post office and they said they were not at their location.  one package was sent by a user on the board and has been super helpful in giving me all the details on their end but obviously the mystery location of the package is not their fault. 

anyone ever had to deal with this before?  if so what did you do?

i am kind of at loss here.

so i have two separate packages that were sent to my residence.  both were said to be delivered last week. they were in fact not.  i called the post office and they said they were not at their location.  one package was sent by a user on the board and has been super helpful in giving me all the details on their end but obviously the mystery location of the package is not their fault. 

anyone ever had to deal with this before?  if so what did you do?

i am kind of at loss here.

This happened ot me with a package jkelly sent to me.

I followed up for weeks on the phone and in person with the post office ultimately culminating in them accusing me of probably taking the package and if it says it's delivered it's delivered so that's the end of it.

It showed up back at jkelly's residence last week 4 months later marked "Return to Sender" in perfect condition.