Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Unrelated: I bought a friend the UK retail variant of Paracosm from amazon.co.uk as a trade for another record a week or so ago. The record come in today completely bent to shit. Amazon.co.uk does international returns within 30 days but it's just a headache that could've been avoided with very little care given to the contents of the mail.

If you bought it from Amazon UK, it is worth it to go through the "return process" on the website. I ended up getting a "dished" copy of the Joe Meek RSD lp, and they mailed me a replacement copy without needing to ship back the first copy.

Only catch is you have to save the spam bot e-mail that says this, and then actually e-mail that mailing back to them, if they hit your card again for the second copy.

On second thought...yeah, it's a headache :(

If you bought it from Amazon UK, it is worth it to go through the "return process" on the website. I ended up getting a "dished" copy of the Joe Meek RSD lp, and they mailed me a replacement copy without needing to ship back the first copy.

Only catch is you have to save the spam bot e-mail that says this, and then actually e-mail that mailing back to them, if they hit your card again for the second copy.

On second thought...yeah, it's a headache :(

next time something like that happens you should try the amazon live chat. theyre doing an amazing job there and you dont have to send emails back and forth. amazon is great when it comes to problems during transit and so on

After all these years and not one mess up. I think it finally caught up to me! Confirmation says they were delivered on the 19th

They are no where to be found. Called the post office they have nothing there. Talked to the mail man Saturday he says he's not the regular.

So now Im just waiting for the mail man today because it's supposed to be the regular. I guess this has to happen to everyone once huh!

This sucks!

After all these years and not one mess up. I think it finally caught up to me! Confirmation says they were delivered on the 19th

They are no where to be found. Called the post office they have nothing there. Talked to the mail man Saturday he says he's not the regular.

So now Im just waiting for the mail man today because it's supposed to be the regular. I guess this has to happen to everyone once huh!

This sucks!

Lovely.

It wasn't "the regular" when my package was marked as delivered and never showed up either.

I was told there was no way they could change the status of the item from delivered, and I would have to wait "until the regular mailman came back from vacation to see if he remembers delivering your package". I asked how long the guy was on vacation for and was told that it was irrelevant and none of my business but probably more than two weeks.

Wait two weeks+ and see if a guy who delivers packages for a living remembers delivering one package 3+ weeks earlier.

Fuckin' USPS.

Had record go from Texas to California when it should be sent to ohio. Called USPS and they said they would upgrade the shipping to expedited so it gets here tomorrow

I had a similar instance about a month ago.  My package went from NJ to California.....I live in VA.  I called them but they were pretty clueless about it.  I finally ended up getting the package.

I had a similar instance about a month ago. My package went from NJ to California.....I live in VA. I called them but they were pretty clueless about it. I finally ended up getting the package.

I called USPS back to make sure the I wasn't being bullshitted about expedited upgrade, and the guy tells me there is nothing they can do and expedited isn't possible and to wait till Thursday or Friday for delivery

Not really upset though, first time this has happened to me and I've had a bunch of new vinyl come in recently I need to listen to. As long as it shows up in good condition like every USPS shipment has for me so far I'm ok

Got my Faith No More - Album of The Year repress today. Mailer was bent pretty bad on one side. The jacket is bent with plenty of creasing but the LP plays fine throughout so that's good. I guess that's what really counts. This has never happened to me before.

I guess its inevitable that it happens to all of us at some point.

I have a po box, took off work early to go and talk to the postmaster about a lost tom waits record. I told him my story and the only thing he asked was if it was insured, i said no, he smirked, then answered his cell phone.

Which Tom Waits record? Either way, that fuckin' sucks!

I realize that delivering a 9lb package and a bubble envelope are different but USPS has been awesome (the whole system not driver/delivery person) lately. Took UPS 4 days to get something out of California then another three to get it from Massachusetts to Connecticut. USPS got the shit done from Missouri to CT in two days with regular cheapo shipping. Wasnt supposed to get it till Saturday and its being delivered today.

I had 2 packages out for delivery today. I came home to one package. The tracking for the package that didn't show up said "Notice Left". There's no notice to be found. Also, why would they leave a notice (that wasn't left anyway) for a package that doesn't have Signature Confirmation?

Hopefully it gets re-delivered tomorrow and the headache can be over. 

edit: Delivered!

So I had a package marked as delivered on Monday which was supposed to go to my wife's job. All the packages (in NYC) that get delivered there go through the post office with the same zip code. This time it went through a post office with another zip then was magically marked as delivered to the correct zip. No package yet. I hope it will just show up, but I probably have to go fight with them at the PO. Thoughts?

So I had a package marked as delivered on Monday which was supposed to go to my wife's job. All the packages (in NYC) that get delivered there go through the post office with the same zip code. This time it went through a post office with another zip then was magically marked as delivered to the correct zip. No package yet. I hope it will just show up, but I probably have to go fight with them at the PO. Thoughts?

You're screwed.  Depends on where in NYC.  I went through a similar thing - they'll never change the status fro mdelivered and the most they will do is "check their storage room" and ask your mail carrier if he "remembers delivering the package".

You're screwed. Depends on where in NYC. I went through a similar thing - they'll never change the status fro mdelivered and the most they will do is "check their storage room" and ask your mail carrier if he "remembers delivering the package".

It was the Teenage Bottlerocket Box Set. It is insured, but I don't want to have deal with that headache. I just want the damn box