Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

That video makes me appreciate my mailman so much more, he's an awesome guy and even takes the time to walk into my backyard to put my packages in the shade and out of reach of any less-than-kind weather. Plus, they won't get stolen in my shitty neighborhood that way. Here's to you, Dave.

made a thread about this yesterday.. probably should have started here.

won an auction on ebay a few weeks ago, and it was shipping from singapore. the shipping service is jet-ship, and according to the tracking, it's basically been in limbo in a "local usps facility" for a week now.

yesterday was the first time i checked, and since then, it has updated saying a request has been sent to see what the hell is going on.

i understood that it was going to take a while to ship, but goddamn. wonky-ass singapore service seems to have done its part. usps can't just fucking sort this thing and send it to me?

That is pretty common for international packages to sit locally for a week. The reason is that EMS or priority packages get priority truck space. If the trucks are always full to capacity, then your package is out of luck and will have to wait for the next available space even if it takes a week.

Just received my Handsome LP. USPS looks like they used it for home plate during a baseball game. The packaging was so jacked I feared the worst and sure enough the sleeve looks like it was chewed on by many dogs and the record itself actually has a bend / dent on the edge going through most of the first track. fuckin usps....

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

Every time I poke around on this thread I think goodness for my driver.  She is great.

It's more likely to get damaged during actual shipment vs. on the delivery truck.  I deliver packages and they come down the sort line already beat up and I'm stuck delivering it in this condition, yet I had nothing to do with it.

It's more likely to get damaged during actual shipment vs. on the delivery truck.  I deliver packages and they come down the sort line already beat up and I'm stuck delivering it in this condition, yet I had nothing to do with it.

I guess that makes sense.  Apparently I have just been very lucky with my LP's.  

It's more likely to get damaged during actual shipment vs. on the delivery truck. I deliver packages and they come down the sort line already beat up and I'm stuck delivering it in this condition, yet I had nothing to do with it.

That's exactly what I'd say too, after I'd been using the package for a foot rest

Yeah honestly with all the lp packages I get (a lot) ive only had 3 issues over the last year with them. Unfortunately they've all been big problems when they do happen. My mail guy is pretty cool and I've never had an issue with him personally. He even knows not to ring the doorbell if its between the hours of 1-3 because he knows that's my kids nap time. He always knocks very lightly during those hours. Seriously that's really awesome that he remembers that.

Yeah honestly with all the lp packages I get (a lot) ive only had 3 issues over the last year with them. Unfortunately they've all been big problems when they do happen. My mail guy is pretty cool and I've never had an issue with him personally. He even knows not to ring the doorbell if its between the hours of 1-3 because he knows that's my kids nap time. He always knocks very lightly during those hours. Seriously that's really awesome that he remembers that.

Haha, that's rad. About half the time I run into my mail carrier down the block when I'm on the morning dog walk and he just gives me my stuff there. And he knows not to ring the doorbell when he drops packages off because my dog flips out at the sound of the doorbell.

Sounds like a great guy

• 4 weeks later...