Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

everything coming in or out of my post office (one of the busiest in the nation because a lot of stuff gets sorted here before/after o'hare) takes about a week to get processed right now. our congresswoman is even trying to do something about it. just received something mailed to me 2 weeks ago with 2-day shipping. forget about media mail.

also receiving bills in the mail after their due date.

everything coming in or out of my post office (one of the busiest in the nation because a lot of stuff gets sorted here before/after o'hare) takes about a week to get processed right now. our congresswoman is even trying to do something about it. just received something mailed to me 2 weeks ago with 2-day shipping. forget about media mail.

also receiving bills in the mail after their due date.

Dude, that skater cat sig, haha

it's all good, i'm getting hooked up with a replacement. but yeah, i was floored when i saw it. i wasn't even mad, just impressed

Good thing you're getting hooked up. JW was this a 7" mailed in Media Mail? I'm just imagining it being crushed by the corner of some 60 pound box.

Good thing you're getting hooked up. JW was this a 7" mailed in Media Mail? I'm just imagining it being crushed by the corner of some 60 pound box.

yes it was. the mailer was punctured so it's a miracle the jacket didn't get totally thrashed or torn, although it is a bit mangled. oh well.

just got off the phone with my post office because stuff that should take a week to get to me takes 2-3 weeks. i had a package that was guaranteed delivery by 1/14 and it finally went out for deliver yesterday (1/21) and was never delivered. the usps worker said "oh yeah, we're trying but we don't have someone on your route right now... you'll get it today". so basically, i only get mail 2-3 times a week right now. WTF?

I've had an item listed as electronic shipping info for the past two weeks, still have no idea where it is/if it's even shipped

When I mailed a record in the summer, that's what the tracking said, and still says. It could have been collected, but got lost somewhere at the post office and never got sorted. Honestly, the only other logical conclusion is someone stole it.

Your best bet would be to contact the post office, if you mailed it, or the person who mailed it.

I've gotten a few broken things over the years. My favorite is when the can't even walk up my steps and slide them in the screen door. Instead, toss them like a frisbee! I've literally witnessed this several times. It's their job to take care of our mail. I don't throw the students that I teach! 

I've gotten a few broken things over the years. My favorite is when the can't even walk up my steps and slide them in the screen door. Instead, toss them like a frisbee! I've literally witnessed this several times. It's their job to take care of our mail. I don't throw the students that I teach! 

However, the lady who delivers my mail is super kind and gentle with my mail! Props to her! 

When I mailed a record in the summer, that's what the tracking said, and still says. It could have been collected, but got lost somewhere at the post office and never got sorted. Honestly, the only other logical conclusion is someone stole it.

Your best bet would be to contact the post office, if you mailed it, or the person who mailed it.

I contacted the seller once with no reply. If he doesn't respond to another message I'll probably blame him and not USPS though

I've seen this too many times myself.  Damn shame.....

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is shipping records like paranoid crackheads? I've received no less than four LPs which were placed in their custom LP mailers and then thrown in a larger box with those air bag things. I guess some guy at the warehouse understands the format's fragility... but all that cardboard is a waste.

Has anyone else noticed that Amazon is shipping records like paranoid crackheads? I've received no less than four LPs which were placed in their custom LP mailers and then thrown in a larger box with those air bag things. I guess some guy at the warehouse understands the format's fragility... but all that cardboard is a waste.

Makes sense for their perspective though, they can combine shipping to 1 package, and they insure that the contents are safe and secure. Better than what they used to ship vinyl out in. They got so many calls and complaints from people with jacked up records that they had to replace so they came up with those new cardboard LP mailers.