Kanye West -Yeezus

so safe to assume at this point that Def Jam fucked up another vinyl release with a non release

There are reports that the album isn't even done -- that he was still recording some new tracks with Rick Rubin as of last week and that samples may not clear in time. So I think it's safe to say that if a vinyl release does happen, it's going to lag well behind the digital one. Even the CD copy may see a slight delay.

There are reports that the album isn't even done -- that he was still recording some new tracks with Rick Rubin as of last week and that samples may not clear in time. So I think it's safe to say that if a vinyl release does happen, it's going to lag well behind the digital one. Even the CD copy may see a slight delay.

I heard that also, so maybe a digital only release at first like Watch the Throne

I would assume this gets a digital-first release because it worked so well with Watch The Throne... It won't leak until it hits iTunes.  The big question then is if 6/18 is the digital release date or physical..?  I think there's a chance we get a surprise digital release of this tomorrow.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, though.

i know this is a vinyl forum, but chill the fuck out with whether or not this gets pressed. it does or it doesn't... enough of the damn nonsense  speculation. 

Just checked Universal's ordering database and they have nothing for it yet. I checked as far forward as it would let me (October 2013) and there is nothing. It's possible that they just haven't finalized it yet, but as of right now the vinyl is non existent. Bunch of Black Label Society 180 gram reissues coming though.

I would assume this gets a digital-first release because it worked so well with Watch The Throne... It won't leak until it hits iTunes.  The big question then is if 6/18 is the digital release date or physical..?  I think there's a chance we get a surprise digital release of this tomorrow.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking, though.

physical release is on the 18th - it's featured in the all the Target and Best Buy circulars for that week

you guys just keep going back and forth arguing based on literally nothing. 

yet when i provide an article with some relevant information about the album, it's not even discussed. 

this forum drives me fucking crazy in the way so many people care so much more about I HAVE TO HAVE THIS RECORD than I HAVE TO HEAR THIS RECORD.

you guys just keep going back and forth arguing based on literally nothing. 

yet when i provide an article with some relevant information about the album, it's not even discussed. 

this forum drives me fucking crazy in the way so many people care so much more about I HAVE TO HAVE THIS RECORD than I HAVE TO HEAR THIS RECORD.

again, you are bitching about people wanting something on a particular format rather then discussing the album itself.... on a forum dedicated to particular format of music

wow

if the vinyl version was confirmed, OBVIOUSLY the discussion would naturally move onto the music itself

that's fucking retarded. there is tangible conversation to be had about the album right now. there are songs out there. (like the one that TNGHT played last night. oh, but no one's bothered to mention that). there are confirmed artists. there are kanye's own comments. there's the fact that this is going to be some next level shit that rap has never seen before.

why the fuck are you so dedicated to "IT'S GONNA BE ON VINYL!" "IT'S NOT GONNA BE ON VINYL" "IT'S GONNA BE DELAYED!" "IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AT ALL!" "BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS!" "CHANNEL ORANGE!"

when ANY sort of information regarding a vinyl release happens.. please, go on for 6 pages. and make sure you point me to the cheapest price.

that's fucking retarded. there is tangible conversation to be had about the album right now. there are songs out there. (like the one that TNGHT played last night. oh, but no one's bothered to mention that). there are confirmed artists. there are kanye's own comments. there's the fact that this is going to be some next level shit that rap has never seen before.

why the fuck are you so dedicated to "IT'S GONNA BE ON VINYL!" "IT'S NOT GONNA BE ON VINYL" "IT'S GONNA BE DELAYED!" "IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AT ALL!" "BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS!" "CHANNEL ORANGE!"

when ANY sort of information regarding a vinyl release happens.. please, go on for 6 pages. and make sure you point me to the cheapest price.

Maybe you should've shed all that previously unmentioned knowledge upon us. Then we could talk about shit other than "VINYL OR NO VINYL"... Just sayin...

I don't know what is more hilarious in this situation, you're anger and caps lock outrage on a forum or the fact that you just can't get through your thick skull that people tend to steer towards the direction of talking vinyl on a vinyl forum over other matters.

and why do you think you're the only one that wants to talk about the music itself? This is probably my most anticipated album this year and would love to talk music, with little information known except the 3-4 snippets and Governors Ball performance clip much is yet unknown.  As more info gets released leading to the release next week likely that is going to be the topic

But will it be on vinyl?

Jk... Thanks for providing actual material to talk about. I hope that American Psycho tribute video sees the light of day, sounds cool!