Kanye West -Yeezus

This will probably come out, with exception of Graduation all of Kanye's albums are on vinyl.  Supposedly the Grad vinyl never happened cos Ye was dealing with his mother dying at the time, then made 808s.  Before you counter with Cruel Summer that's for GOOD Music really.. not a solo album per se.

Maybe the vinyl will be clear with no label in a clear PVC sleeve, with the tape on it

Maybe it'll be a picture disc of a giant cd inside of a very large jewel case

Marked "Promo Only".  Black record in a generic sleeve.  That'd be funny as hell.

you were also wrong about the release date, so just keep saying things you don't think will happen and they will eventually happen.

true but more Elliott Wilson being incorrect since that's who I sourced haha.  I only say this about the vinyl because it hasn't popped up in the UMG database yet

JtUkxPa.png

sometimes it pops up later so hopefully this releases eventually on wax.  

there's no preorder for the cd yet either. obviously, in kanye fashion, this is no orthodox release. let's just sit back and enjoy the release. it'll either happen or it won't. no use guessing.

I heard the only way to get a copy of the cd was to tweet kim and give her a compliment.

there's no preorder for the cd yet either. obviously, in kanye fashion, this is no orthodox release. let's just sit back and enjoy the release. it'll either happen or it won't. no use guessing.

I heard that there isn't going to be a pre-order for this album at all.  Just gotta go to the stores on the 18th haha - love how he is marketing this album

I heard that there isn't going to be a pre-order for this album at all. Just gotta go to the stores on the 18th haha - love how he is marketing this album

Poorly? Why would you not want gaurenteed day one album sales? He's banking on being Kanye to sell albums, which will probably work, but I don't see the harm in doing pre-orders.

Poorly? Why would you not want gaurenteed day one album sales? He's banking on being Kanye to sell albums, which will probably work, but I don't see the harm in doing pre-orders.

the mystery surrounding this release has hype and anticipation at higher levels than his last album.  There's no harm in doing pre-orders but I just don't think Kanye gives a fuck.

Kim Kardashian Pregnancy

Projecting New Slaves On 500 Buildings

Being On SNL

Headlining Governors Ball

Kanye West can make more money by getting a 30 second clip in a commercial than he can by selling 100,000 CDs and 10,000 LPs.

Kim Kardashian Pregnancy

Projecting New Slaves On 500 Buildings

Being On SNL

Headlining Governors Ball

Kanye West can make more money by getting a 30 second clip in a commercial than he can by selling 100,000 CDs and 10,000 LPs.

True story, just don't see how pre-orders could hurt. If he really wanted to go guerrilla marketing they wouldn't have a release date and it would just be available when it's available. Having a release date and not allowing people to pay in advance just seems silly.

True story, just don't see how pre-orders could hurt. If he really wanted to go guerrilla marketing they wouldn't have a release date and it would just be available when it's available. Having a release date and not allowing people to pay in advance just seems silly.

Anyone who would preorder it cares enough that they're going to buy it first week anyway, so it doesn't really matter much in terms of sales.  By not having preorders, it gets people talking about how there are no preorders, which just adds to the mystique.

somebody made the comment on youtube that maybe he's going to give this album out for free... without a preorder, and no real cover plus all the "NOT FOR SALE" backgrounds he used on SNL. An interesting idea that keeps crossing my mind

would be cool to see some really new and different release structure for this record.

obviously, if he has resources to set up projections all over the world in a small amount of time, he could set up pop-up shops or something like that.

or maybe you can only get the cd from drug dealers around the world.

No YE for YOU! (in soupnazzi voice)

He should just have it be Wouldn't it be cool if it was a free download from his site in high-res. With his entire back catalogue... cuz all his vinyl got mfg problems.

A la Radiohead? Don't think that would be an option with Def Jam holding the rights.