Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying) Arrested

So, putting aside for a second that we are talking about real-live human beings with kids and whatnot...

Does $20,000 still seem cheap for MURDER to anyone else?  To me, its so unlikely that you get away with it and if you get caught its life in jail.  20K doesn't seem like life-altering money, ya know?

Yes, to someone like you and I who would not murder anyone for any sum of money, 20k seems ridiculous. Drug dealers and gang members shoot each other up over much smaller amounts of money or even for no reason at all really. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out if contract killings happen more often than we think and we just don't know because it goes unnoticed.

I know this is The Sun but it's actually a true story. I found a less detailed NYT article about it to verify. Two people were plotting to kill and castrate Bieber for the paltry sum of $2500 each. Some people are just fucked.

Yes, to someone like you and I who would not murder anyone for any sum of money, 20k seems ridiculous. Drug dealers and gang members shoot each other up over much smaller amounts of money or even for no reason at all really. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out if contract killings happen more often than we think and we just don't know because it goes unnoticed.

I do understand that drug dealers and gang members kill over smaller sums of money.  But often they are killing other drug dealers, gang members, etc.  We're talking about killing a women who has children.  Seems like a completely different world.

That said, I'm a rational human being with a normal job and an education.  So I guess I can't apply my thinking to this situation.  Whatever, I still think 20K seems insanely low.

Also, kinda morbid that this is real life we're talking about and not some mob movie. 

I do understand that drug dealers and gang members kill over smaller sums of money.  But often they are killing other drug dealers, gang members, etc.  We're talking about killing a women who has children.  Seems like a completely different world.

That said, I'm a rational human being with a normal job and an education.  So I guess I can't apply my thinking to this situation.  Whatever, I still think 20K seems insanely low.

Also, kinda morbid that this is real life we're talking about and not some mob movie. 

its extremely low to you because you have a lot to lose if you got caught.  the risk (getting caught) is not worth the reward ($20k).  Take someone with nothing to lose, and the risk suddenly becomes worth the reward.

• 8 months later...

The news does not have the facts completely correct. Don't believe anything just yet.

Yes he plead guilty, but beyond that they don't know the full details.

may 2nd is sentencing, guess we'll find out details then.  did he post bail or has he been in prison this whole time?

• 2 months later...