Seinfeld vs. Friends // Opinions Wanted

Seinfeld vs. Friends  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the superior show?

• Seinfeld
    • Friends

What hhh said. Too different to do a fair comparison, but just in terms of which I liked more, Seinfeld. 

Though I would hardly call it one of the best. Sure, the ideas and storytelling were groundbreaking, but Seinfeld's acting is one of the worst I've ever seen in a high profile comedy show. His jokes were good, but his performance belongs on the disney channel. This alone is enough to leave it out of the running for "the best".

You guys are misinterpreting and derailing the thread.  The poll question is simple: Which is the superior show?  I am not asking for your favorite show, necessarily.  And I personally believe that neither is "the best" show of all time.  But that wasn't the question I presented, and may better suit a thread of its own.

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far.

You guys are misinterpreting and derailing the thread.  The poll question is simple: Which is the superior show?  I am not asking for your favorite show, necessarily.  And I personally believe that neither is "the best" show of all time.  But that wasn't the question I presented, and may better suit a thread of its own.

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far.

Because it's so unheard of for a discussion to develop with a question set this way, right? Especially when you added this:

And if you'd really like to go above and beyond, it'd be nice to hear what you specifically like or dislike about either.

The simple answers to the simple poll question are simply the poll results. Where's the problem?

all of my non-white friends don’t understand seinfeld or find it funny at all. always thought that was interesting.

Makes sense...I mean, how many people here watch/enjoy BET or the spanish channel(s)? Serious question.

i am one of the friends voters. 

i mean they are both great but friends is the front runner by a small margin.

i also think the reason i chose it was because i watch it constantly.  i go to sleep watching it and i always watch the reruns on tv.

it seems like they always air the same goddamn seinfeld episodes on tv too.  it's like they rotate through 5 episodes or something.  annoys me.

Because it's so unheard of for a discussion to develop with a question set this way, right? Especially when you added this:

The simple answers to the simple poll question are simply the poll results. Where's the problem?

Please go back and read my OP.  All of my questions - even for those willing to go "above and beyond" - pertain to the Seinfeld vs. Friends.  I apologize if that was unclear.  Yes, I want to hear what you like and dislike about the show(s).  No, I do not want to hear what shows you enjoy more.  (Actually, I probably would.  Just in a separate "Battle of the Sitcoms" thread.)  As I stated before, this topic was a no-brainer for me -- and a lot of people.  I only created it to [semi jokingly] prove to a friend that there's no competition between Friends and Seinfeld.  For the most part, you guys have done an amazing job at communicating this, especially with a few gold comments.  I'd say that my work is mostly done at this point... but I'd still enjoy reading a separate thread that encompasses any and all sitcoms.