The Xbox One

So my Amazon "Day One" hasn't shipped yet and when I contacted them, the "guarantee" of 22nd availability constitutes the day it will be available to ship + if you chose free shipping it comes in December? Am I the only one who is baffled by this? 

After talking to her my Xbox magically appeared as shipped and said it will be here Monday and got a follow up e-mail from her stating the following

"Xbox One Day One editions are released on November 22, 2013. Xbox One Standard editions are not guaranteed to be available at release date. However, we will ship Standard edition orders on a first-come, first-served basis as soon as we receive inventory. 

For Launch and Standard editions, the shipping speed you selected when you placed your pre-order will determine how soon after release date (or after availability date) your order will arrive at your shipping address. If you are a Prime member or you selected release date delivery for the Xbox One Day One edition or PlayStation 4 Launch edition, your order will arrive on release day. 

We look forward to seeing you again soon."

This is what the screen was when I PO'd the system....

IMG_0594_zps28c84f58.png

Am I crazy for assuming I would have my system today from Amazon?

Only if you chose release date shipping.

Noted that now, I had to assumption from the description (which is down now) that they would arrive on the 22nd

If you frequent amazon why the shit don't you have prime? It guarantees release day shipping.

Really don't frequent that much, most my purchases are via CC reward points/Gift Cards/etc. but all my orders are $350+

i have plans to buy both next gen consoles, and upgrate my pc for more gaming appropriate specs with my tax return.

i keep speculating in the back of my brain weather this is necessary, and if i could do something more appropriate with this money, but the front of my brain tells me to only this. 

i'm a horrible person.

Dammit. Its the Day One version too. I'll see what happens but might contact M$ if it's still not right. Is DR3 comparable to L4D or what would I expect from that game?

Got the day one as well but mine is fine!

no I wouldn't say that..! If you haven't played DR or DR2 it may seem kinda odd first ! It's 3rd person and the very unique. I like it. I played all DR so far and this didn't let me down!

My wishtitle for the launch was Watch Dogs and I was pretty pissed when they postponed it but I'm also happy with DR ;) !