The Xbox One

Has Microsoft decided what the hell they're doing yet?

They pretty much decided to do the opposite of everything they initially declared. Used games, offline play, unplugged kinects, indie self publishing (eventually every system itself can be used as a dev kit).

All of those are cool except in my opinion the kinect thing. If they are going to force me to buy one (currently they state the system will "never" be sold without one) then I would hope that developers would come up with some cool ways to incorporate it. Now I think it will be just like the current kinect, games that strictly use it and games that do not. I'd rather see some cool hybrid style games since the kinect 2.0 appears to work significantly better.

Well....

fighterwithin_latencynezqm.gif

Hahaha! I've never thought that motion technology would be great for 2D fighters. I've read that it works a lot better with the fitness/dance games and seen some footage of it working pretty well with the new Kinect Sports title as well. And it looks to have a better field of vision now which is cool for me because I don't have a ton of space.

You know, I can't quote the stupid Reddit post, but the guy crying over cliffhangers and characters he loves going away...

Give me a break, try being a Shenmue fan for 12 years with no outcome to the second game. I would instantly buy the stupid XBOX One(and I hate the specs of this system) if Shenmue HD Collection or the Shenmue 3 sequel finally came out.

--Maybe it's just me but I grew up on great systems like the Genesis, SNES, N64, Dreamcast and these kids grew up on XBOX what are they 15 now? I hate that they don't even know of a variety that is out there. 

OMG finally someone brings it up. I have been waiting patiently for years for a finale to Shenmue. One of my all time favorite games, it's actually what got me into Shaolin Kung fu when i was in High School.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

was looking for this thread the other day. Can't friggin wait! I'm gonna have to dig into my savings to finish paying for this, hahah. Got the Day One Edition PO'd at the Microsoft kiosk in a mall near me. Luckily I have work on Friday so I won't be tempted to go early when there are gonna be 400 (literally) other people there getting theirs as well. Also have Forza 5 PO'd at Target.

XBOX LIVE 3 MONTH CARDS will be $15 at Best Buy/GameStop on Black Friday.

They'll be $10 at Target. If you're looking for cheap Gold, that will be your chance!

if you didn't pre order are these expected to be impossible to find before christmas?

It may not be easy, but I don't know about impossible. I think I got a 360 before Christmas without pre-ordering but I had to call a couple places. Sometimes places like K-Mart or Sears will have them in stock when Gamestop and Best Buy is sold out since less people think to check there. 

I was looking at eBay - they are selling for 700-750. That doesn't tell me there is a huge secondary market so I bet as Christmas gets closer some of those that speculated on flipping these will be willing to sell at their cost. My read on the situation but if there was a truly short supply they'd be selling for a lot more.