Vinyl at The Menzingers/Restorations Tour

Tried asking for press info for Chamberlain Waits and all I got was this: 

https://twitter.com/redscaretoby/status/349440020052054016

Edit: Also, I'd suggest picking this up ASAP for those of you on the fence. I can't seem to find any pressing info in terms of what the LP is limited to this time around and apparently, it's been the 2nd highest selling record on Interpunk.com for the past 3 weeks. 

Here's a link: 

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=191310&

Tried asking for press info for Chamberlain Waits and all I got was this: 

https://twitter.com/redscaretoby/status/349440020052054016

Edit: Also, I'd suggest picking this up ASAP for those of you on the fence. I can't seem to find any pressing info in terms of what the LP is limited to this time around and apparently, it's been the 2nd highest selling record on Interpunk.com for the past 3 weeks. 

Here's a link: 

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=191310&

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar... Yeah, Toby hates the fact that so much emphasis is based on how many are pressed on what color, rather than the music on the disc.

That and the last time these were pressed for Record Store Day, people on here accused him of lying about the pressing numbers to get a buzz going (the info from RSD said 300 on blue), and when he said he didn't know where they got that number from and it was always going to be 500, everyone threw a shit fit on here.

He HATES people asking about pressing info. Don't do it anymore.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar... Yeah, Toby hates the fact that so much emphasis is based on how many are pressed on what color, rather than the music on the disc.

That and the last time these were pressed for Record Store Day, people on here accused him of lying about the pressing numbers to get a buzz going (the info from RSD said 300 on blue), and when he said he didn't know where they got that number from and it was always going to be 500, everyone threw a shit fit on here.

He HATES people asking about pressing info. Don't do it anymore.

I don't think it's that much to ask for, but thanks for the disclaimer.

That whole "don't ask Toby about variants" thing is nonsense. it's not like people already have a dozen copies of Chamberlain Waits and are just trying to collect them all so they can stare at them. Most people are buying it for the first time, probably, BECAUSE they love it and listen to it and it's a great record that has only seen a comparatively limited release so far. No reason to grandstand because some people want to know more info about it.

Well, when you're accused of lying about how many were pressed the first time around (by people on this very board) to drum up interest, no, he's not going to like the people who care about it.

The RSD people said the blue Chamberlain Waits was limited to 300, and closer to RSD, he said there were 500, and people FLIPPED. THEIR. SHIT.

They accused him of lying, and just pressing more (to, God forbid, meet demand), and that way their blue copies wouldn't be worth as much or some shit.

Then he just started trolling the people int he thread with stuff like "you caught me! I pressed 10000 copies! Happy hunting!" or something to that effect. (this is not a direct quote, but what I remember the gist of the exchange as.)

There's a reason people like Kate (Bouncing Souls tour manager) call this place the Nerd Collective. SOmetimes we lose sight of the fact that we should be interested in the record itself, not the information about it. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't. i get where the pressing info would be desired (if something is rarer, you can gauge ho long you have before it sells out, stuff like that), but overall, does it fucking matter? (says the person who has pretty much all pertinent pressing info to their knowledge listed for just about every record in their tradelist.)

Well, when you're accused of lying about how many were pressed the first time around (by people on this very board) to drum up interest, no, he's not going to like the people who care about it.

The RSD people said the blue Chamberlain Waits was limited to 300, and closer to RSD, he said there were 500, and people FLIPPED. THEIR. SHIT.

They accused him of lying, and just pressing more (to, God forbid, meet demand), and that way their blue copies wouldn't be worth as much or some shit.

Then he just started trolling the people int he thread with stuff like "you caught me! I pressed 10000 copies! Happy hunting!" or something to that effect. (this is not a direct quote, but what I remember the gist of the exchange as.)

There's a reason people like Kate (Bouncing Souls tour manager) call this place the Nerd Collective. SOmetimes we lose sight of the fact that we should be interested in the record itself, not the information about it. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't. i get where the pressing info would be desired (if something is rarer, you can gauge ho long you have before it sells out, stuff like that), but overall, does it fucking matter? (says the person who has pretty much all pertinent pressing info to their knowledge listed for just about every record in their tradelist.)

True, but at the same time it's like making something out of nothing. If people want to know who really cares. Unless they think they pressed so many there won't be the perception in people's mind they have to make a mad dash to get one before it sells out. I'm thinking maybe they think releasing numbers will somhow hurt the initial sales, interest in, or want of the records.

• 3 weeks later...