PO: Defeater - Letters Home

I dug the new song.  Ended up with the copper variant since the splatter wouldn't add to the cart.

I do hope this release is free of acoustic tracks.  I didn't mind them, but I don't really like them on my defeater album either.

The acoustic songs were good, but they could have been thrown onto a 7" to avoid the whole c-side, blank d-side thing. I did like the positioning of the acoustic bit on Travels though.

I still don't think I've ever seen Drew say something negative about a release.

C'mon Drew we get you're trying to make all your press people and labels happy but you don't need to love everything.

lol - I mean I know you don't like me but that doesn't mean you should spread around lies like that.

I'm generally not a negative person and don't feel like I need to put everything I dislike on blast.  Unless it's the Dangerous Summer.  the worst.

How would you stack it against the rest of their discography, out of curiosity?

I've only listened all the way thru a few times and I've liked more and more each time so it's hard to say where I'd rank it in their discography just yet. Initially I think I like Empty Days more but I'm in no way saying anything bad about this one. It's great and will likely keep growing on me.

the entire thing is definitely more like Travels than Empty Days - the best songs are the ones that haven't been released yet.  No Saviour is probably my favorite track but basically if you really dug the band's first two albums you'll really dig this.

This is what I want to hear! Every song I've heard via stream so far has been amazing.