Stone Temple Pilots - Core reissued by MOV

Agreed, after tiny music I dont really think alot of STPs output. A few tracks on 4 are good, but generally the first three albums are their standouts in my opinion. I will pay $45 for core, thats about what we pay in NZ for 2xLP albums. Would pay it for tiny music as well as that owuld complete my STP 'trilogy'.

I don't want to pay $45 for their best album but I'll pay $45 for far less superior STP albums.  That's what I read in the above statement.  Makes a lot of sense.  A LOT.

I happen to think that Core is one of their weakest albums. I do think it makes sense not to want to pay as much for an album I don't like as much. In case you haven't figured it out, music is pretty subjective. I don't like Core as much as their other albums, so I don't plan to pay $45 for it. I am a huge STP fan and have been since the early 90s.

Core is a great album, but I don't see it as a $45 album. I've paid a lot less for much better 2x LPs.

The Mother Love Bone 2xLP was only about $30 through Soundstage, and that was four full sides of music. This is just three sides.

Agreed, after tiny music I dont really think alot of STPs output. A few tracks on 4 are good, but generally the first three albums are their standouts in my opinion. I will pay $45 for core, thats about what we pay in NZ for 2xLP albums. Would pay it for tiny music as well as that owuld complete my STP 'trilogy'.

Purple and Tiny Music fantastic in my view. I've always felt that Core was incredibly banal. I have the original UK Atlantic pressing and don't think I've listened to it (on vinyl) for ten years.

Wowhd has got the release up but no info about whether it is coloured or not, suppose that will come shortly. I got it for $45 NZD which is around $35 US. I used the code that they give you if you share their info on facebook - SOCIALTEN. Not sure if it will work for everyone else as it needs to be associated with your account, but easy enough to get, just follow the instructions.

Purple and Tiny Music fantastic in my view. I've always felt that Core was incredibly banal. I have the original UK Atlantic pressing and don't think I've listened to it (on vinyl) for ten years.

I kinda see what you mean about its banality but I absolutely love creep and plush, so for me its worth it, not to mention theres not that many options for a $20 version here, the bay would kill me in shipping and would pay about the same.

Im assuming that tiny music will follow after this, and will no doubt get that as well. But will stop there haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So wowhd shows as having shipped my copy a couple of days ago, anyone received theirs yet? Whats the package like and more importantly how does it sound?

I got a copy on saturday looks and sounds good. I do wish they hadn't of put a centre label over the etching but other than that im happy.

My copy arrived yesterday.  Got #161 which I find to be pretty rad.  Never gotten a # that low on such a large pressing.  Shit sounds perfect.  My only bitch would be it's not a gatefold.  2 LP single pocket jackets are horse shit but it is what it is.  Stoked as a mahfuka to finally have this on wax.

If anyone needs the Clear version for a pretty decent price: 

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/499117-01.htm

Thanks for the heads up!

They have a ton of stuff on sale, too (up to 90% off) so I snagged Pterodactyl, Joe Jack Talcum and Brad Laner for like 2 or 3 bucks each.

received mine yesterday. vinyl was in much better nick than my copy of purple which was mildly warped. Plays very nicely but in my opinion it isnt as nice as purple (always thought that though - not just this release). Creep and Plush sound amazing! Would love to hear anyone's thoughts in a comparison with the original.

Jacket has much better art than the MOV purple too, closer to the original and not as blurry which is nice. No inserts though?

All in all I would recommend this, the clear vinyl looks very cool with that etching coming through, first bit of clear vinyl I own and it sounds as good as plain black.