PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

I'm not talking about this messageboard specifically with what I said, but people saying stuff like 'they all have the same 90's tone' just doesn't mean anything. The Pity Sex record sounds nothing like the Daylight or Turnover or Citizen records production wise. That is a not an opinion, it's just completely different. I am not defensive about people speaking negatively of our releases, I honestly don't care, but just saying stuff that doesn't make sense about a producers huge and eclectic body of work IS actually annoying. If Will silently recorded all these LPs and no one knew it was the same person, people wouldn't be comparing the production, they'd be comparing the similarities in the band's music because for the most part, that's where the similarities are.

I have to strongly disagree with the last part of what you said, I know you are getting defensive because a lot of the albums being discussed here are your releases, but if there were no credits on the album I would ABSOLUTELY know the same person produced them.

I didn't even know that Yip produced the new B&C...I heard the new song, and not kidding here, the first thought that popped in my head was "this sounds a lot like some of the other stuff that's been coming out lately, must be Yip" I immediately went to Wikipedia and low and behold I was right.

I have to strongly disagree with the last part of what you said, I know you are getting defensive because a lot of the albums being discussed here are your releases, but if there were no credits on the album I would ABSOLUTELY know the same person produced them.

I didn't even know that Yip produced the new B&C...I heard the new song, and not kidding here, the first thought that popped in my head was "this sounds a lot like some of the other stuff that's been coming out lately, must be Yip" I immediately went to Wikipedia and low and behold I was right.

If you think the Pity Sex record sounds like the Balance record, I don't know what to tell you, in my opinion it just doesn't at all. It's not worth arguing about, we can just disagree. 

If you think the Pity Sex record sounds like the Balance record, I don't know what to tell you, in my opinion it just doesn't at all. It's not worth arguing about, we can just disagree. 

at the end of the day it all sounds like Linkin Park anyways

will trade my /500 haze copy for twiabp releases that i dont have.  dont really know why i ordered this on a whim in the first place since i didnt like separation. 

yes you do. you knew it would sell out fast so you wanted to get it as trade bait..exactly what youre doing with it now. 

yes you do. you knew it would sell out fast so you wanted to get it as trade bait..exactly what youre doing with it now. 

Not at all.  Thank you for reading my mind though. It's hardly trade bait when I have to pay $28 to get it to my door in Canada.

I decided yesterday to finally go for a full twiabp collection and I didn't really enjoy the new song.

He always seems to start shit on here. So pointless. Lame that you stopped an actual fan from purchasing that variant, though.

I wear a balance & composure hoodie almost every day that I've had for ages.  I've seen the band play live 1000+ kilometres from my house.  I have every release by the band on my ipod.  In no way whatsoever was I buying it just to use as trade bait and prevent a "real fan" from getting the record..  Why jump to conclusions and make me out to be a bad person?  Holy.

Hostile environment in here.

I'm late to the party, but I very very much disagree with saying it's a fact that Yip's production style is different across releases. I don't see the similarity in Pity Sex's music to Daylight or Turnover or whatever, but god damn the production across those records is pretty much the same. Check out What Resonates by Louder Than Bombs, that album was produced by Yip and sounds just like those other records despite the band sounding nothing like those RFC bands.

I don't think the man does bad work, but it just seems like there's a Yip switch. It works great for most of these bands too, but for some not so much.

Also, just throwing it out there but I think The Future Is Cancelled is the best produced RFC release this year and that was Vince Ratti :x

This might be a bit overboard, but assuming the yellow/fuchsia sold at a constant rate and customers only chose that colour until the variant was sold out, you could calculate the approximate order number you placed. For example, my confirmation email came at 12:06 (360 seconds), and all 500 were gone by around 12:28 (1680 seconds). So you'd take 360, multiply it by 500, and divide that by 1680; giving me somewhere around the 107th order placed.

I know that might sound outrageous. I enjoy math.

I enjoyed this calculation. haha

This might be a bit overboard, but assuming the yellow/fuchsia sold at a constant rate and customers only chose that colour until the variant was sold out, you could calculate the approximate order number you placed. For example, my confirmation email came at 12:06 (360 seconds), and all 500 were gone by around 12:28 (1680 seconds). So you'd take 360, multiply it by 500, and divide that by 1680; giving me somewhere around the 107th order placed.

I know that might sound outrageous. I enjoy math.

Wouldn't this just work out to every person who got a /500 variant getting a piece of the tape?

Wouldn't this just work out to every person who got a /500 variant getting a piece of the tape?

Haha, I thought that was so painfully obvious I never pointed it out. You can of course factor in multiple copies on the same order to make the assumption that the earliest orders of the /1000 variant will also get it.