PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

So I saw the opening show of the tour tonight. It was my 3rd time seeing B&C. No offense to Title Fight but they shouldn't have been the headliner.

So I didn't go into the show with TOO high of expectations b/c I'm sure you have all heard about them playing live and not being top notch... BUT it was the first time they have played live in a while so I was hoping Jon's voice would be rested.

This was by far the best I've seen them live. It was absolutely incredible. And I was super stoked when they played "More To Me" b/c I have never heard or seen them play that song live and it's my personal favorite and first song I ever heard by them. It also goes along well with the setlist which included 5 songs from the new album. "I Tore You Apart In My Head" was not played but I'm really not complaining since I've heard that song live twice already.

No songs from the braid split, tiger jaw split, or ep were played unfortunately... would of liked to hear "You Can't Fix Me" live : (

But all in all it was an awesome setlist and it made sense.

As far as the tour variant of the record goes.... GET THERE EARLY. I showed up before the opening bands came on and they were already sold out (even offered $40 for one). Like seriously, you might have to be waiting at the doors as they open to get this. I was really just trying to get this in hopes of better sound quality and less surface noise than my red opaque copy... but oh well.

I managed to get a picture with Jon during the Title Fight set. He walked around for a quick second.. and I'm glad I'm not too into Title Fight b/c I was in the back by the bar where the band was during the Title Fight set. I talked to most of them and they all seem super cool, so that was uplifting after seeing people bash them on here saying "they suck as people"..... NOT AT ALL.

Favorite moment of the show: I crowd surfed on the stage in the build up to "Notice Me" and then crowd dived right when they went into the screaming "I'll be scratching at the back door!".....

BALANCE AND COMPOSURE rock on.. EPIC

I definitely agree that this was the best I have ever heard them live. Have seen them countless times. Excited for the Philly date as well

I've only seen B&C live twice.  The first time was when they opened for La Dispute a few years ago and they were terrible (so was La Dispute now that I think of it, cool band but their live sound was a mess).  The second time was last moth when they opened for Glassjaw in Brooklyn and they were awesome.  They played Reflection for the first time and it sounded huge.

pretty sad, no sleep keeps falling down the list of labels for me. this mediocre year (other than this record, mostly so far) plus their behavior is just...eh. kinda a bummer after being on top the last few years.

I've noticed this about Nosleep. I follow Chris on twitter and Instagram and the nosleep accounts as well and I always see him being a d-bag about stuff. I'm sure the guy has a lot going on but he just seems to be too cool for school IMO. When the picture of all the variants of this album went up I commented that the tour variant didn't really go well with the album art (which not every album and variant need to go together, but compared to all the other variants it just seemed random to me) but he got butt hurt and it just rubbed me the wrong way. The label does tons of awesome stuff but just the way he acts and stuff irks me. Buuut, this album is in my top three for the year behind HRVRD and O'Brother. Like Dantheriver mentioned earlier it's their sound perfected and the album is just incredible. I'm seeing them live in Dallas on the 21st and I've heard they are pretty crappy live most of the time and after seeing the Reflection acoustic video I'm pretty nervous, that thing is terrible!

No Sleep has a strong fall lined up so I wouldn't say it's a mediocre year.  At the very least it'll make up for the first half I guess.  The only record I've bought from NS this year is Allison Weiss and B&C

Not an Alison Weiss fan, so B&C is the only one. Pretty sure I won't be into Sainthood either, band has always been just "ok" for me, we'll see though. Swellers could be a good one.

this year for no sleep hasnt been good at all. the drug church album was decent but not anywhere near great. this is the only solid release from no sleep this year

I loved Mixtapes and Broadway Calls plus the upcoming Swellers album. They also have an Adventures/Run, Forever split coming. I like this year considerably more than last year.

this year for no sleep hasnt been good at all. the drug church album was decent but not anywhere near great. this is the only solid release from no sleep this year

Agreed. I like the Drug Church record, but Balance is the only amazing record so far. Keen for Sainthood and State Faults, though.

I wish Aficionado hadn't broken up, I guarantee that'd be better than most of what this label has/will put out this year.

That band had one of the most energetic/entertaining live performances I've ever seen. Then I listened to their recorded material and couldn't believe it was the same band, it was so boring. 

I've liked the majority of the releases, probably only flat out didn't care for the Hundredth release so far. Definitely looking forward to Sainthood Reps, the Swellers, State Faults and the sub exclusive LP. If the Adventures/Run Forever and Moose Blood/Departures splits make it out this year they should also be solid additions.