PO: JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2

the problem with the crosleys is that they don't have counter weights. they are more likely to skip on records cause there is nothing weighing them down. i would find a tutorial on cleaning vinyl and try giving it a good cleaning, hopefully that helps.

That's far from the only problem with them.

I don't want to sound like a prick, but my advice is universal - if you care about your records or expect to get any sort of reasonable performance out of them, don't use a crosley. Replace that thing with something cheap but decent.

For what it's worth, my pressing was fine, and so was my part 1 but a lot of people did have skipping problems on "Spaceship Coupe". Difficult groove to track, probably the deepest bass on the record.

I think I still like part 1 more. 2 just isn't growing on me. Meh.

It's basically the exact same two records you can buy individually but packaged in a fancy schmancy gold box.  Not sure if the standard versions have the gloss lettering on the covers and in the gatefold though.  Didn't feel like taking pics of the hype stickers. So yeah, this be it:

image_zps77df2c42.jpeg

4210503d-b51a-4d88-b86a-c1bb03af07c4_zps

66ce2345-d34e-41a4-a54f-cbd9184bdb1d_zps

d8e71226-1172-4a53-b6d9-23c400879758_zps

image1_zps8fce9c8a.jpeg

sorry for the cell phone quality

ALSO in additions to having issues with the vinyl, the download code isn't working either because it's only letting me download part 1

i've just about had it with RCA or whoever put this out

I emailed them because I was having the same problem. Supposedly it was fixed. But I had bought both part 1 & 2 and the codes were swapped. So I got both albums in the end.

amazon Germany box (top) and gohastings box.

some slight differences:
brighter labels on the UK pressing, a little more dead wax space at center. different matrix writing.
sony logo on the back of everything, of course different address info.
cloudy song list sticker on back of UK, clear on US.
slightly rounded corners on US hype stickers, sharp corners on UK.
everything else about the box and covers is the same

comparing my original US Pt. 1 with the UK Pt. 1, the US discs feel a little heavier/thicker. 

TIMBERLAKEBOX1B.jpgTIMBERLAKEBOX2B.jpg

amazon Germany box (top) and gohastings box.

some slight differences:

brighter labels on the UK pressing, a little more dead wax space at center. different matrix writing.

sony logo on the back of everything, of course different address info.

cloudy song list sticker on back of UK, clear on US.

slightly rounded corners on US hype stickers, sharp corners on UK.

everything else about the box and covers is the same

comparing my original US Pt. 1 with the UK Pt. 1, the US discs feel a little heavier/thicker.

TIMBERLAKEBOX1B.jpgTIMBERLAKEBOX2B.jpg

Hmm. Interesting. The mastering is definitely different. Any noticeable SQ differences between the US/UK?

Hmm. Interesting. The mastering is definitely different. Any noticeable SQ differences between the US/UK?

They sound great and both sound the same to me but I'm far from an audiophile.  (Playing on an AT 240 turntable with Ortofon Pro-S thru Pioneer A-20 / 4 Pioneer speakers (sp FS51 towers & BS41 bookshelfs))

They sound great and both sound the same to me but I'm far from an audiophile. (Playing on an AT 240 turntable with Ortofon Pro-S thru Pioneer A-20 / 4 Pioneer speakers (sp FS51 towers & BS41 bookshelfs))

That's decent enough to tell if there are any major differences haha. My initial impressions of the part II vinyl was that the cut itself didn't sound as good as part 1 and was a bit midrange-heavy, but I never did any sort of back to back comparison. Might've just been different from what I was expecting to hear.

Being that this Justin Timberlake album is Sony, it seems like there is a EU press and a US press.

In my comparisons with albums such as Incubus' "Monuments & Melodies" the EU press was better and was 180 Gram where the US press was standard weight. In general though it seemed like only packaging differences on the Incubus release, is this the same with the Timberlake album? 

• 2 months later...