PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

Did you by chance see if it was selling a lot? Brian Cook's one of my favorite musicians so I'm just really intrigued, haha. 

I haven't had a chance to read it yet so I can't give any kind of synapsis however the printing is limited to 200.

The description at the table was something like "read this book is you like reading about drunk people in the woods"

Of course I had to buy it

tumblr_n0hdu3rocK1r8rxo1o1_500.jpg

I haven't had a chance to read it yet so I can't give any kind of synapsis however the printing is limited to 200.

The description at the table was something like "read this book is you like reading about drunk people in the woods"

Of course I had to buy it

I was on the fence about picking up the book, but that description sold me!

On twitter, Cathy asked Brian to hold some copies back for people who couldn't make it to shows, so (if) he obeyed, they should show up on Hello Merch at some point, maybe.

Also per twitter,(aren't I the little news dropper?) Brian's very young niece picked up the book to read - and read the first sentence out loud - to which her father quickly removed the book from her, and tweeted to Uncle Brian - "nice."  So, gathering it's not for tender ears  :)

Saw them last night and the show was a lot of fun.  Not the best time I've seen them, but they were still really good.  KEN mode and Helms Alee were great and well worth showing up early for.

RC only had red copies of Empros for sale.  I overheard the merch guy saying something along the lines of them being out of every other LP.

Saw them last night and the show was a lot of fun. Not the best time I've seen them, but they were still really good. KEN mode and Helms Alee were great and well worth showing up early for.

RC only had red copies of Empros for sale. I overheard the merch guy saying something along the lines of them being out of every other LP.

They didnt even have emperos when i saw them last week, just memorial. Must have sold out and restocked on another title.

Bought Brian Cook's book at the portland show on Wednesday and am about halfway through now. I honestly haven't read a book in about 10 years so I'm not the best critic but for the record I am thoroughly enjoying this novel. There are a ton of grammatical errors but his way of capturing the subtleties of life is impressive.

Bought Brian Cook's book at the portland show on Wednesday and am about halfway through now. I honestly haven't read a book in about 10 years so I'm not the best critic but for the record I am thoroughly enjoying this novel. There are a ton of grammatical errors but his way of capturing the subtleties of life is impressive.

Can't wait to read it! Same with me though, feels so long since I actually finished a book I opened. Think Watchmen was the last one.

Can't wait to read it! Same with me though, feels so long since I actually finished a book I opened. Think Watchmen was the last one.

I'm normally a pretty big reader, but I've been super busy this year and haven't really put a dent in any book.  I'm going to try and power through what I'm reading now and then start on Cook's book.  I'll report back with thoughts when I'm done.

Last night was incredible. Helms Alee is amazing live, really good chemistry with that band. They are all super chill and nice as well. Ben was so nice it's almost as if he knew me or something. This Will Destroy You was pretty good too. RC definitely ripped it though. Was up front and center and totally worth the 5 hour drive. They jammed after 309 for a good 5 minutes too, which was unexpectedly awesome. 

Merch table had a good amount of things to chose from. Mostly shirts.

Saw them last night and the show was a lot of fun.  Not the best time I've seen them, but they were still really good.  KEN mode and Helms Alee were great and well worth showing up early for.

RC only had red copies of Empros for sale.  I overheard the merch guy saying something along the lines of them being out of every other LP.

They had copies of Memorial at Saturdays show.