PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

Picked up a standard black copy today. I just keep telling myself fidelity over looks with this one.

Some people here know me to be biased but aside from the clear begin about equal in beauty (IMO) the black is far more aesthetically pleasing than any shade of grey vinyl will ever be. I think you'll be happy with it.

Darn this album grows and grows, but is too short!

It's definitely different from the US grey. Unfortunately you can't really see the difference in the picture but it's a bit creamy, almost like the Comadre s/t.

Looks great, how much was it? I hope they still have copies this sunday in Berlin

sounds like youre up for a trip to the customs office soon...

I'm afraid I'm on the same boat..

Seems like the US pressing goes better with the cover, the snowy mountains and glaciers represented by the grey and the dark streaks being like the rocky mountains in between. In this sense I'm actually glad that the translucent grey that they had noted on their site came out to be rather a grey marble. Or maybe it's just the geek in me that adores matching covers and vinyl. The European version is exactly what came to mind when I thought of "translucent grey".

In this light, anyone happen to have an extra grey copy their willing to part with?

So bummed that I've missed out on every single Russian Circles release thus far. The worst having been to their gig over here before I had got into vinyl and buying the CD version of Empros instead of the tour version of the vinyl they had (likely) brought over with them.

*Edit. Beat me to it.

reckon the grey suits the art real nice. spun mine a couple of times yesterday. man, RC always delivers.

Some people here know me to be biased but aside from the clear begin about equal in beauty (IMO) the black is far more aesthetically pleasing than any shade of grey vinyl will ever be. I think you'll be happy with it.

Thanks for the reassurance mate! I was actually very surprised at the weight of it when I held it. I can only hope all Sargent House releases from now on are just as heavy.

Got two copies of the euro tour edition yesterday in Berlin, one for me, another by request, both of them are black.

On the other hand, in terms of quality looks like the jacket is different from the US version. The EU version is better built, little bit smaller size, and the record is housed in a cardboard sleeve instead of a paper one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested, I ordered from amazon.uk a couple weeks ago (right before they started shipping) and it arrived today, ended up being the translucent grey. Really like the color, it matches the art really well! Solid album.

Bravo, good gamble. I'm still looking for one...don't know if I want to roll the dice.