Dustin Kensrue :: The Water and The Blood :: Oct 1 2013

• 4 weeks later...

is that out on vinyl!?

Yes it is, you can get it from the Mars Hill store or Amazon has it for about the same price with shipping if you have prime and want it quicker.  However I didn't get a d/l since it was through Amazon so I'm looking for a download for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAV50H8/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

196261.jpg

OMG!  Dude you're cracking me up over here!  That's super funny!

Seriously though... I saw this and got excited.  Then I saw the label and affiliation with a church, then the tracklist and was like "Oh...."  I totally got passed the christian lyrical content of Please Come Home, but I have a feeling the amount of religion in this release will be too much for me.  I'm going to certainly try to like it because I respect Dustin so much as a musician.  I'm not bashing christianity, but it's not my thing.

This album was not meant to be the follow up to Please Come Home. The follow up to that is coming and will not be released on Mars Hill, but Vagrant will be putting it out. He was obligated to put this out. He will now be able to focus on the follow up to PCH when this is released. Here is an interview about it from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3422691

He was obligated to put this out. He will now be able to focus on the follow up to PCH when this is released. Here is an interview about it from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3422691

I didn't quite get this from the article to say he was obligated to put this album out, it sounds like you think he was forced by contract to do so and I just didn't get that from his interview.  Also it sounds like he's super busy and has a hard time committing any type of time to any projects because of his duties with Mars Hill.  I think his hope is he can work on the follow up but it doesn't really sound like its fully in the front of his mind to do so.  Just my take from the interview.

I didn't quite get this from the article to say he was obligated to put this album out, it sounds like you think he was forced by contract to do so and I just didn't get that from his interview.  Also it sounds like he's super busy and has a hard time committing any type of time to any projects because of his duties with Mars Hill.  I think his hope is he can work on the follow up but it doesn't really sound like its fully in the front of his mind to do so.  Just my take from the interview.

I agree.  Nothing in that interview pointed to some sort of contractual obligation, which I'm happy to hear.  

Sorry meant to say that he felt obligated by himself (no contract) to put this album out. That this is what he thinks he needed to release at this point in time. The church did not make him release it. I see where my comment was taken that way though.

Sorry meant to say that he felt obligated by himself (no contract) to put this album out. That this is what he thinks he needed to release at this point in time. The church did not make him release it. I see where my comment was taken that way though.

Got you, that makes way more sense to me.