New NYC Record Store- Vinyl Collective Only Pre-Opening Sale

Dear Vinyl Collective Members,

With two other friends, I'm starting a record store in Brooklyn that is opening this Saturday the 24th.  It's going to be new and used vinyl shop with a wide range of genres.  The store will be rooted in rock, but there will be a lot of funk and soul, blues, punk, jazz, tropicalia, gospel, and more.  Our inventory was built over the course of the past few months of purchasing collections and acquiring individually hand picked inventory in a humble attempt to put together a quality store for people to pick from.

This site has been a great resource for me intermittently for years.  Whenever I'm around, there's always great communication between users.  Years ago I learned about the Hot Topic super sales through here.  I've also bought a VC Votolato release and even got to start my own little tiny label and press my own records.  I would've never been able to do ANY of that without this website.  From tip to tail that How To Press A Record thread was my main resource and it allowed me to put out a record, on color vinyl, and source each individual component of the process to make it as inexpensive as possible.  I don't care how many people bought it...That was f'ing amazing.

We want to give back.  We'd like to have a PRIVATE VC ONLY PREOPENING SALE 2 HOURS BEFORE THE STORE OPENS TO THE PUBLIC.  Store opens at high noon.  If you live in the area and are available Vinyl Collective members only are allowed first dibs at brand new store inventory from 10 AM - 12 PM SATURDAY.  

I don't know how many of you would be interested but any of you are welcome.  

Come to the counter and mention the secret word 'Jabroni' and get 10% off.

Hope to see some of you then.  If you do come by please introduce yourself.
Travis 

Human Head
168 Johnson Ave
Brooklyn, NY  11206
www.humanheadnyc.com

2013-08-12222618_zps3704e967.jpg

Best of luck dude. I am working in a brand new record store that opened recently in my area, it was slow going at first but growing steadily.

What's the store?  You have a t-shirt?

I'm actually working on a store t-shirt wardrobe which is nothing but showing off other record stores.  However what I really want to collect is XL t-shirts of record stores that no longer exist.

Oh man, this is like two blocks from where I used to live, over other side of brooklyn now. Also saturday mornings are for watching premier league. Might pop in at some point over the weekend and say hi though. Well done dude!!

I was doing the exact same thing, watching the Liverpool game.

I might stop by soon. I'm off the Myrtle-Wyckoff L, so fairly close.