Apple event 9/10/2013 10am PST

dominic252

Different audiences my man. At least in my opinion.

The fairly hardcore "tech" crowd have not been huge Apple fans for a while, typically they'll rattle-off that lack of open source support and customization as the driving factor behind the Apple hate. There is also a lot of overlap there with the contrarians who love to hate Apple based on their popularity. 

Android tends to cater a little more heavily to that sect, thus all the new features in hardware and software, that may or not make it to Apple product for a few years. So in short, they are slow because their product strategy isn't quite the same.

Right on, I wouldn't have thought it's their marketing strategy. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of product pattens that they couldn't get around, so it would limit their ingenuity. Know what I mean, I didn't actually think they were slow on purpose. 

Alright maybe that's a strong word, but I made this thread so people can discuss the updates to the new iPhone, not so someone who doesn't like iPhones can come and ridicule people who want one. Next time, I'll think twice before expressing an opinion

I currently use a 4S and have had an iPhone since day one... being a Canadian that meant having to go to the US to buy one then unlock it before I could use it. Instead of taking what I said personally try and think about why I disagree with you. 

yup I'm just going to walk into the store and not trade in my current phone and not use my upgrade

He's thought of everything. 

who zooms when taking video?  seems so pointless of a feature

absolutely useful in regards to live shows

I'm a big apple fan, and for the most part my iPhone 5 is the best phone i've had.  Sometimes what are subtle changes turn into big conveniences.

But I generally agree that updating every year for every product is coming to an overkill.  

We get it, you think Android products are superior. If you are trying to generate any kind of constructive dialog I think maybe you're the one, not Dominic, who needs to modify their approach. 

I don't mean to be rude, but doesn't matter how legitimate your complaints are if you choose to shout them from the top of your high horse.

(Sorry to further derail the thread)

I'm still on my original 4, I'm past due for an upgrade! I have a really hard time justifying for the S category launches though. 

me too. I think I'm jumping ship on the iphone. Biggest thing for me is I want a significantly larger screen.

I get jealous every time bigbruise pulls out his android.

me too. I think I'm jumping ship on the iphone. Biggest thing for me is I want a significantly larger screen.

I get jealous every time bigbruise pulls out his android.

Yeah if you're looking for a giant screen, the Galaxy line is for you. I want a bigger screen, but I'm too invested in iOS at this point and don't want one bad enough that I'm not willing to wait until next year when (I'm sure) they'll come out with one