PO: Fuzz [Ty Segall] (Deluxe ltd 250, clear & light blue available)

dreamwolf

Got mine today and it is also black. Ordered second day up as well.

Kinda frustrating because I could have gotten clear 2 weeks ago from my local brick and mortar.

Also could have gotten clear from Reckless two weeks ago. I didn't realize how small of an operation ITR is. Had I known I might have anticipated not having this by release date and would have just grabbed it from them or Permanent.

Mine finally came today. Its black. My brothers copy which was ordered separately a week after my order was in the same mailer. Also came with an apology letter (for the delay) and a Thee Cormans - Halloween Record w/ Sound Effects LP. Pretty awesome mail day as I also received my Epsilons - Self titled LP from Young Cubs Records that was purchased on eBay.

Mine finally came today. Its black. My brothers copy which was ordered separately a week after my order was in the same mailer. Also came with an apology letter (for the delay) and a Thee Cormans - Halloween Record w/ Sound Effects LP. Pretty awesome mail day as I also received my Epsilons - Self titled LP from Young Cubs Records that was purchased on eBay.

That Thee Cormans record is great! and topical for the season! haha

That Thee Cormans record is great! and topical for the season! haha

Topical indeed but its a mono press. I've never played a mono record on either of my turntables before. From what I understand its best to play a mono record with a mono needle/cartridge but not completely necessary. Also the Halloween Record I received is actually an orange vinyl press. Discogs lists other versions but not this one. It may be a newer pressing.

Topical indeed but its a mono press. I've never played a mono record on either of my turntables before. From what I understand its best to play a mono record with a mono needle/cartridge but not completely necessary. Also the Halloween Record I received is actually an orange vinyl press. Discogs lists other versions but not this one. It may be a newer pressing.

yeah, it's 'best' but you're not gonna blow up your turntable or anything if you don't. it'll still put out spooky surf tunes ;)

Plus, how important is the fidelity on a halloween record anyways haha

This actually isn't correct for modern mono records. They almost always cut with a stereo cutting head, so it actually has two audio channels, each just being the same. A mono cartridge will actually damage the groove because it's shaped differently.

Vintage mono records (1950's) playing them with a mono cartridge is usually recommended, though I've never tried it and have had good results with a modern stereo cartridge.

I saw them Friday and I thought I heard someone say that they were out of the standard vinyl and only had the deluxe which was $40 there. They had some cool shirts but they only took cash and I was low on that and figured I was better off not spending any money. The performance was madness. So good.

I saw them Friday and I thought I heard someone say that they were out of the standard vinyl and only had the deluxe which was $40 there. They had some cool shirts but they only took cash and I was low on that and figured I was better off not spending any money. The performance was madness. So good.

I cannot wait. Tbh I am not a crazy huge fan of Ty Segall and his projects, but I just thought I'd dive into this with hype it's getting and I definitely can dig it. So no standard vinyl at the show? I am not sure I want to drop the $ for a deluxe version. 

I really don't see Fuzz as hype but that's probably because I'm a fan 3 years. There are definitely deeper darker tons on the Fuzz records but a couple of his S/T Ty Segall has those tones (I noticed some say it's not really a Ty Segall record). 

You guys are all so lucky to have them come through your town! They won't come to San Diego even though a ton of garage rock bands usually come through the Casbah circuit.