Worst way to ever receive an LP...

On another forum I am on a member recieved dream theaters Images and Words from amazon uk.....limited to 2000......had the delivery stickers stuck straight to the shrink wrap and sent as is

Fun times

this makes me nervous for the Suede box set coming out next week. I hope they are smarter than that... I did receive my Box of Sugar set from them in a nice padded box.

Surprised no one went back and just copied the pictures from Madies USPS adventure.  Folding an lp in half to fit in a mailbox is pretty close to top of the list for crappiest way to receive an LP.

Crappiest way to receive a record is to order from AdamFox or Virgil or whoever did the blink 182, MTS or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pretty good candidate. This is for a 7". It actually came in fine shape, somehow. I didn't alter/open the packaging in any way. The pics show it as it was delivered.

Find your copy of "America" by America. Print out your shipping addresses and paste to cover of LP.

xxG6toSl.jpg

You're going to want to secure that 7", so get out the America LP. Tape it to another random LP and make an LP sandwich around the 7".

sWocWb9l.jpg

Place this monstrosity gently into the America sleeve. Be careful not to put ANY tape ANYWHERE. Make it so the LP sandwich could fall out at any moment.

pDNaD9Dl.jpg

Voila. You have now successfully shipped a 7" record.

That is actually totally awesome and if it works, what's the problem? 

I was totally cool with it after I found the record was unscathed. It was the funniest way I'd ever received something.

But what if the LP sandwich fell out of that completely exposed side? I was surprised USPS didn't mark it as undeliverable actually

But what if the LP sandwich fell out of that completely exposed side? I was surprised USPS didn't mark it as undeliverable actually

I'm a spazz and missed that part. I understand the questioning now.

it looks like you haven't purchased from vc yet, but generally we ship our brand new, Brand New records in picture frames in a box filled with peanuts. ( not the packing one ), and one nail, so you can hang it in our bedroom!

we also track and insure the package with ups so you have to pay a LOT for shipping.

i paid like 150 plus for Fashion Nugget a couple years ago, it came in a 4"x 13" x 20" box with packing peanuts and had some cardboard brick flexing it in the middle.... wtf.  record was fine.  thin vinyl from the 90s.  i genuinely think this whole 180+ gram thing causes more problems than it solves.

I traded the record to a guy for you'd prefer an astronaut in early 2012.. lol... then resold that record for profit once the SRC repress came out.  I love expensive vinyl.

I bought a VG+ copy of a Jeru The Damaja LP from Discogs. I pick it up from the post office, he sent is in a plain paper envelope. The corners were destroyed and the LPs had groove damage so bad they had white strips where the groove walls had been totally destroyed. The guy wanted me to return it at my expense! I just told him to fuck off and keep meaning to bin it but never had the heart yet.

I bought a rare album from somebody on eBay whom I could tell was a novice. I sent him a link to VC's "how to pack a record" thread. Well, he shipped the LP outside of the jacket... But still in a damn bubble mailer. Amazingly the mailer made it without damage. Yay! But... he used heavy USPS packing tape to seal the LP inside its inner sleeve. So there was gooey, sticky residue on the record. It's been a PITA but I've finally got the goo removed. Luckily it was just on the outer runout.

Idiot.

Yeah, this is a really strong contender for the craziest arrival I've seen. Condolences for your loss, but I still would've loved to see what kind of a struggle that postman must've put into that.

apparently they looked into it and there was a fill-in mail lady the day this happened.

i was never reimbursed by anyone. finally a manager at USPS offered to pay me out of his pocket but I didn't do that either.

RIP basement record release