Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Sisters Of... news.

Derek will be pleased...but not 100% pleased until they press their first album.

teaser video.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters-of/556496051037396

We are happy to announce that our full length record "The Serpent. The Angel. & The Adversary" will be available this fall, via Crowquill Records.

Sisters Of... news.

Derek will be pleased...but not 100% pleased until they press their first album.

teaser video.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters-of/556496051037396

Man, I'll gladly take that update. Thanks a ton for keeping us in the loop. New trailer sounds promising – that riff in the final 25 seconds is a doozy. Hopefully it sees a vinyl release. I'd be comfortable enough with a blind PO.

Phil tweeted about a week ago that he was "99% sure" that they have written "the most epic Caspian song" ever.  I don't believe he's doing the hype thing, as he had also said songs were just pouring out of him like crazy. That whole thing is just a mystery to me, but thank God for those musical ideas.

Also, he can play that lead guitar solo he promised earlier this year (well, maybe he said it was this year's goal or something) with the new Gibson.

OK, enough about Phil/ Caspian...

edit: forgot this is instrumental only, but FFO *shels which I learned of via this thread earlier, see Derek's thread here on a great PO opportunity (borderline spamming I guess :()  Factoring in the 23 min track, I would guess <10% vocal time.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/105475-po-ancients-%E2%80%93-star-showers-on-the-euphrates-%E2%80%93-ffo-shels/?hl=ancients

L'Homme Puma - Wronki

I've been digging this song a lot lately. While the rest of the album is OK, this song is particularly groovy. Check it out if you're into Jakob or SFFS. "Velours et Pourpre" is another standout track. Album is up for free download, too, if you're feeling so inclined.

I posted a separate thread about this, but it didn't get a whole lot of attention and figured it might be better suited for this one. This Patch of Sky is launching vinyl pre-orders this week for their new album on vinyl.

FFO: Joy Wants Eternity, The Seven Mile Journey, Yndi Halda

Really highly recommended. One of the best albums in the year imo.

Just came across this band randomly on Pandora. A.Armada. Checked out their full album (EP?) "Anam Cara" and think it's fantastic. Seems to be the only thing this band has released. At least I can't find shit else on these guys. Caspian fans would probably really dig this. Album is on Spotify, individual tracks seem to be on Youtube. Think I might pull the trigger on the cheap vinyl via hellosirrecords.com

Anyone else ever hear of the guys? It'd be a shame if this is all they ever released.

Yes! These guys are sweet, but I've never picked up their album. They actually have two other releases, a Self-Titled EP (2006) and Never Come Down From the Mountain (2014). Anam Cara is the only one they ever pressed, though. I agree - really a shame so few people know about them.

Yes! These guys are sweet, but I've never picked up their album. They actually have two other releases, a Self-Titled EP (2006) and Never Come Down From the Mountain (2014). Anam Cara is the only one they ever pressed, though. I agree - really a shame so few people know about them.

Awesome I'll have to check that out.

Got the vinyl in the mail today. Haven't spun it yet but it feels nice and heavy. Will check it out tomorrow.

• jhulud locked this topic