Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Having ebay on my phone is a bad/good thing. Just sniped a Balmorhea - All is Wild... charity test press for $32ppd. I don't even own a normal copy of that album. #debtforever

I'm extremely jealous. I have all of their albums and if Derek doesn't end up with it I wouldn't mind seeing if we could work something out.

Damn, hope I didn't snipe this thing away from one of you guys. I always forget I like this album & figured it would be cool to snag this at a decent price (plus help a charity). I literally got it on the last bid I was gonna make.

If either of you have any ITTCT tests I'd work a deal in a heartbeat :) :)

Just picked up Set & Setting - Equanimity and September Malevolence's first album for a little over $20 shipped from Halo of Flies. Cory had those things marked down. I was able to pick up a few other things for a great price. Never really though to look at HOF for post-rockish stuff, but they had more stuff than I would've expected. Just wish I had been able to pick up that Hourvari...

Just picked up Set & Setting - Equanimity and September Malevolence's first album for a little over $20 shipped from Halo of Flies. Cory had those things marked down. I was able to pick up a few other things for a great price. Never really though to look at HOF for post-rockish stuff, but they had more stuff than I would've expected. Just wish I had been able to pick up that Hourvari...

I must have gotten one of the last, if not the last copies of that Hourvari, $8 was tough to pass, but I went there originally for Black Clouds, but he had sold out ($10).  He did manage to twist my arm for YONL Vampyre, so cheap, and he has alot of Denovali.

I was (sarcastically) offering up my standard copy in exchange for your test, since you said you didn't have one. Honestly, it may be my favorite Balmorhea record... but I don't really chase test presses, personally. Still a great score on your end.

Oh haha I gotcha. I feel so intimidated by Don's TP collection that I'll pick one up if I can. ;)

For anyone who bought something from the Sheath on Black Friday, have you received anything yet? Not too worried on my end, as I'm sure they're just getting over the Jakob pre-orders and are probably fulfilling the Black Friday ones right about now, but I'm just curious if anybody's heard anything different.

I got Black Friday's last week.

Shipping conf on CyberMonday over the weekend, and I was the bloke who picked up a couple 65dos one Thursday night, also shipping conf on those.  I think the pint glasses are going out separately b/c I got another ship conf the Shirt/Slipmat/Pint glass combo for $29.99 for a Christmas present for #1 son.  So, 3 shipping conf in my inbox from Sheath now  :wub:

They always come through and make things right, just have to be patient sometimes, it's just J&L, they don't do the intern thing.

When still wet behind my Sheath ears, they would accidentally overlook orders, but always put in extra records or merch like those Caspian Tertia coasters, posters, magazines, etc.

Probably just overwhelmed with emails now, too.

Oh haha I gotcha. I feel so intimidated by Don's TP collection that I'll pick one up if I can. ;)

Hourvari aside, check out this post-rock track from the same label. One 19-minute behemoth. Combines like every post-rock band I can drop.

New Sisters Of... "The Angel" premiere stream.

http://puregrainaudio.com/audio/sisters-of-the-angel-exclusive-song-stream-premiere

Vinyl of this album will hit in January 2015.

Test press addiction is deadly. I had a feeling when that first Gifts From Enola arrived it was going to be a downhill slide. Not trying to Alpha on these haha!

Got some new stuff to listen to while wrapping packages tomorrow and Wed, definitely behind on this thead!

Free post-rock music from Tides of Man, Pray For Sound, Sky Flying By, Vasudeva - Merry Christmas present from Flesh and Bone Records.  From now until the end of tomorrow, you can download all the Flesh and Bone albums for free.  Only 200 total downloads available, and the only other time I did these, they were gone super fast.  Hope you all enjoy, and thanks to anyone that has supported the label in its first year - already looking forward to 2015!

10841894_1538315693090767_34813905709279

• 2 weeks later...

2015 has already been good to me. Just in the past week I've been able to buy four of my most wanteds:

Daturah - S/T 2xLP

EF - Give Me Beauty... Or Give Me Death! 2xLP

Pg.Lost - It's Not Me, It's You! 2xLP

Braveyoung - We Are Lonely Animals 12"

Whoa congrats, and Quality of Selelction indicator off the charts!

We need you on IG, Owen :)   

• jhulud locked this topic