Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

OH man just found out Godspeed is coming to Cleveland in September.  Will be my first time seeing them.  Woo!

3 hrs from us, tickets go on sale tomorrow at same venue we're going to see Hum/Failure. Daughter's growing up fast, this may be the only chance we get to see them, prob #1 on her/my bucket list since we finally got to see Sigur Ros -- on the Kveikur tour.

I'm gutted that GY!BE aren't coming anywhere near the West coast, but I'm very excited for those of you who haven't seen them but now have the opportunity.  When I saw them a few years ago, they played a bit off Skinny Fists and 'Allelujah, before diving into Asunder in its entirety.  This was before Asunder was released, obviously, so I was hardly familiar with it, and I feel like a lot went over my head.  That being said, it was still an absolutely incredible performance, and probably somewhere in my top 5 shows of all time.  Anyone who's very familiar with Asunder is going to have a remarkable experience with this tour.

• 3 weeks later...

somethings old, to not stress over, one of a handful of 7"'s I play right often: Kerretta: Death In The Future, A and B sides are great. Saki still probably has a tonne of them. Midium told me each jacket art color is different

https://youtu.be/KFd7AXU2Fpg?list=PLO2An59oD8G9OqtkhQjyNUHhRhM2eP_zH  Death In The Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nY4mbRpsE  Wisnierska

(I also enjoy their early EP Antient as well, the later material hasn't really been as good to me as earlier material, esp love Vilayer)

something new - Exxasens.  When he (now they)  sound like GIAA I like them alot. Have mp3's, CDs and only one LP

video is meh, but I like the track so far. Aloud is pressing 100 vinyl copies, coming out in August. I like their customer service, really on point with the Astralia.

https://youtu.be/73cCSAeGH5E

Is Austin or Dallas too far from you? I'm glad to get a signed tour pressing for you if you like. 

ahh I just saw this. messaging you now.

edit: your inbox is full!

would loooooove a signed tour press!!!! Austin and Dallas are both about 4-5 hours away and both shows are in the middle of the week. i'm trying to save all of my remaining vacation time, otherwise i'd definitely be going to at least one.

ahh I just saw this. messaging you now.

edit: your inbox is full!

would loooooove a signed tour press!!!! Austin and Dallas are both about 4-5 hours away and both shows are in the middle of the week. i'm trying to save all of my remaining vacation time, otherwise i'd definitely be going to at least one.

I never know when my box is full. Sorry, bud. I'll gladly pick one up for you. : )

Man, that Sisters Of... really nailed it the other night. Here is some video from my phone. Yes, one is vertical.

Hard to believe this was their 2nd live set ever, especially as a 5 piece, the core and studio/writing are the main two in front. They play all the tracks on their two albums.

Checking in here for the first time.

Post-rock is crack.  I don't know why, but this music is just unreal.  PG.lost, Sleepmakeswaves, Caspian, ITTCT, Jakob....

There's an album you guys should check out too, "Mitau" by Audrey Fall.  and Besides "We Were So Wrong".  A little more underground than the big heavy hitters.  Audrey Fall is like metal post-rock, kind of like Sleepmakeswaves.  Besides is more like Beware of Safety, pg.lost....

Anyway, I'm a little high and I'm gonna go listen to Pg.lost and go to sleep because awesome.  

We beat you to that one way back in March 2014. Great album for sure. Only wish it got the vinyl treatment before the breakup :( .

I wonder if we can pester some of the remaining members to put it out on vinyl.

I bought the last CD they had for sale. It's in my car now, and it rules.

Listening to some Beware of Safety now, "It Is Curtains" on vinyl. Great group.

Who wants to sell me their Pg.lost vinyl? I will pay you money for it.

CASPIAN - Live At The Old Church LP

Iry4hj4.jpg

2nd pressing available now:

- Yellow translucent /100

- Green translucent /100

- Red translucent /300

From http://mylenesheath.com/products/live-at-old-south-church

8.27.15 UPDATE: 2nd Pressing now available for pre-order! But rather than just repress the album, we decided to completely overhaul the artwork and the audio. The first pressing was done at Rainbo Records, and this new pressing is being handled by Pirates Press, they use a different vinyl mastering technique called DMM, or Direct Metal Mastering. You can learn more about that HERE. So while this is technically not a repress using the original plates from the 1st pressing, it is still officially the 2nd pressing of this recording. Artwork was once again handled by long-time collaborator and stud muffin, N.Shumaker/Northern Lights Industries.

So these are still being pressed, with a completion date scheduled for 9/27. Hopefully they will arrive here at HQ a week or two after that, so we plan to have these shipped out to everyone by mid-October. Sorry for the wait, but we're definitely still managing crazy ass turnaround times at plants with vinyl these days.

• jhulud locked this topic