Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Found this band (Ocoai) via Pandora.  It's too bad they appear to have disbanded already.  But some damn solid post-metal.  Clean guitars, some strings, even an organ makes an appearance mixed together nicely with some PSOTY-esque beefy riffage.  I'd say start with the song "Grimpeur" and go from there.

Riding Pânico. Fantastic Post-Rock band from Lisbon, Portugal.

Here's live footage during a summer festival (Milhões de Festa):

Here's one of their music videos (and best songs IMO):

Enjoy!

Stream their last album here:

http://ragingplanet.bandcamp.com/album/riding-p-nico-homen-elefante

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ridingpanicorock

Charlie posted this band way back around the the time that dude scored a GFE tour for like $4. I must not have been paying attention as they are the BEST Jakob clone I have heard; I mean they have it down pat! Could have been the filler until Sines but now where it is a little short, Astralia S/T is a nice dessert to follow. And it's not like there's a tonne of Jakob rips out there ( vs EiTS so I hear). Props to abovetheearth

Charlie posted this band way back around the the time that dude scored a GFE tour for like $4. I must not have been paying attention as they are the BEST Jakob clone I have heard; I mean they have it down pat! Could have been the filler until Sines but now where it is a little short, Astralia S/T is a nice dessert to follow. And it's not like there's a tonne of Jakob rips out there ( vs EiTS so I hear). Props to abovetheearth

Riding Pânico. Fantastic Post-Rock band from Lisbon, Portugal.

Here's live footage during a summer festival (Milhões de Festa):

Here's one of their music videos (and best songs IMO):

Enjoy!

Stream their last album here:

http://ragingplanet.bandcamp.com/album/riding-p-nico-homen-elefante

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ridingpanicorock

I started checking this out the other day & was digging it. Need to revisit!

I forgot to properly give this band a listen. My bro brought them up to me before also. Will need to check out asap.

I got another one for the board too!

I Built the Sky

http://ibuiltthesky.bandcamp.com

Sounds like a mashup of Animals as Leaders & Cloudkicker. Very solid post-metal jams. Another dude who does it himself as well.

Perfect description and the new track is a ripper!  Loved I Built the Sky - man these solo people holed up in their basements or wherever killing stuff like this!  Just enough prog and not too much shred, definitely has a place in my rotation near CK, AAL and East Of The Wall.

Anybody heard of this band?

dqpx7d.jpg

I don't know how many people have got this band on their radar. An hour and fifteen minutes of post-rock goodness a la Yndi Halda and pg.Lost. Listen to the whole effort here. Really solid in my opinion. I waited to grab this because I wasn't sure if anyone wanted to get in on a group buy. One copy shipped is $30.65; if three (or more?) people have interest it would come to about $27.20 apiece. Might be worth it for some, not so much for others. Figured I'd pop the idea.

dqpx7d.jpg

I don't know how many people have got this band on their radar. An hour and fifteen minutes of post-rock goodness a la Yndi Halda and pg.Lost. Listen to the whole effort here. Really solid in my opinion. I waited to grab this because I wasn't sure if anyone wanted to get in on a group buy. One copy shipped is $30.65; if three (or more?) people have interest it would come to about $27.20 apiece. Might be worth it for some, not so much for others. Figured I'd pop the idea.

I've been real tempted to buy this.

Omik; your tastes seem to be more on point with mine than a lot of folks. (Don't we have a mutual Hammock agreement for future bundles? I believe that's you I'm thinking of.) I'll definitely check this album out and get back to you promptly.

Yep, that's me. And that's an agreement that I'm always ready to fulfill should the Hammock boys drop any new vinyl. This should be right up your alley.

dqpx7d.jpg

Saw this come across my IG feed a week or so ago. Checking out now.

Don't know if anyone ever checked out Man is Not a Bird back when I posted about them a while ago but they have a new album out soon I'll probably hop on if it's not ridiculous coming from overseas. Their EP "Restlessness" is on their bandcamp www.bandcamp.com/manisnotabird which is what got me into them.

New song "D.I.P." can be heard below. More shoegaze (and with vocals) than Restlessness & I love it.

The other new song is instrumental and sounds more like "Restlessness" so I'm led to believe they will still primarily be instrumental, or at least a mix, which I think would still qualify them for the thread.

EDIT: I may be wrong about that 2nd song being on the new album.

no dice for me. just wasnt my cup of tea. i was waiting for some changes or something. just sounded like one loooooooong song.

not to knock them or anyone who likes it, just sharing my thoughts. it would build up...and im like...here it comes! and then no.

Agree 100% here. Has some strong ideas that just ultimately seemed to lead nowhere. I feel like there is serious potential here & would consider checking out a follow-up effort, but I'll pass on this one.

Holy shit. The End of the Ocean opening for LITE...

SPRING TOUR W/ LITE

March 23 – Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen

March 24 – Lakewood, OH @ Mahall’s

March 25 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Brillobox

March 26 – Harrisburg, PA @ Stage on Herr

March 27 – Philadelphia, PA @ Boot & Saddle

March 28 – Rehoboth Beach, DE @ Dogfish Head Brewery and Eats

March 29 – Brooklyn, NY @ Knitting Factory

• jhulud locked this topic