Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

So? You can pretty much say that about any genre. How many bands actually push through boundaries and advance the genres they are accompanied with? Not many. But I like the "post-rock" sound. I don't like all bands, but the more there are, the better chance of me finding something that clicks. That was ultimately the point of this thread. Everyone post bands they have been checking out, and although we won't all like everything, hopefully something will click with someone.

I don't disagree with your statement, but I also don't have a problem with that issue you bring up.

I genuinely forget, have you suggested any bands we should all check out? I can't remember and don't feel like weeding through 93 pages of stuff. But since you say everything being suggested is pretty stale, who should we check out?

Very well put, man.

Very well put, man.

Spurv and A Swarm Of The Sun are SICK!

Also, I'm glad I soldiered past the first track of that Mutesite album, because the last 4 tracks are amazing, but that first track I reallllllllly didn't like.

There needs to be more post-rock bands with piano. It's so glorious.

Probably going to pull the trigger on this Spurv vinyl. This shit rules. Its so cookie-cutter and generic in some ways but my god, I can never get enough of this sound. It's just perfect.

If anyone is looking to add to their ITTCT collection, there is a ridiculous low price (imo) on the 1st press S/T on clear with orange splatter.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/308957736

$50 + shipping!  Don't think I've ever seen that under $80 before.

Price is not that bad...depending on how they really rate the condition...I try to avoid buying records that others rate VG/VG+ because (in the past) most of the time the records came in way worse condition

Can we take a moment and appreciate how good this track is? I brought it up to Gumbo a couple weeks back, but it's worth re-mentioning.

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold." ^^^

I like visiting this thread to see what all the scouts have found (and much appreciated!), but also to not forget some of the classics and dust them off for a spin.

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold." ^^^

I like visiting this thread to see what all the scouts have found (and much appreciated!), but also to not forget some of the classics and dust them off for a spin.

I posted a few things that you might dig, especially PARQKS for their shoegaze elements.

Can we take a moment and appreciate how good this track is? I brought it up to Gumbo a couple weeks back, but it's worth re-mentioning.

haha yeah man, totally meant to write back to you in that PM but never got around to it.

I think my favorite from that album has to be "Sirens". It used to be "Maquina" but I think "Sirens" has taken that mantle.

Listening to the vinyl version of "Sirens" is what I seek out of this hobby... that shit jumps out at you like fucking crazy.

Jonathan is a great song too. I like it because it's got a jumpier drum beat. Its on the rockier end of the post-rock spectrum. I always like shit like that.

Stuff that's more on the post-side of post-rock is always good too, but I tend to gravitate first towards shit that kicks ass, like ITTCT or Caspian.

I posted a few things that you might dig, especially PARQKS for their shoegaze elements.

Someone on IG was repping them (might have been you Matt?) and I really haven't given them an attentive listen yet. I was late to the Spurv party for the '15 list. Seriously, the end of '14 sneaked in a couple of gems - from CK  and Damascus.

I have not. I'll be checking them out tomorrow!

You're in for a treat. I would otherwise post some favorites but I don't want to sway you in any way. At any rate, you won't find their full-length on Bandcamp. It's up on a tough-to-find Youtube playlist, though, here. It's got a little bit of everything, from modern-classical piano/violin/cello pieces to Gumbo-style rock-em-out wall-of-sound climaxes. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts.

• jhulud locked this topic