Paramore - All We Know Is Falling LP light teal vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

They have the deal to get people to buy things. They aren't trying to discourage you from buying

I get what you're trying to say.

But if I were selling something I know people would definitely snap up, I would choose to sell it at the 'standard retail price' rather than at a discount (in this case the discount comes in the form of $1 shipping). It just doesn't make sense to put up a new hot release at a discounted period.

It's like how they exclude vinyl from their hot cash sales. Only this time, they're just 'excluding' this LP temporarily for a day.

What's so difficult to believe about this? It makes perfect sense from a corporate standpoint.

Do you have any idea how minute Vinyl sales are to Hot Topic?? I mean, honestly, go through their website. Vinyl does not even fill up 5%. Go to the store and I guarantee you Vinyl is on 1 rack and not in prime location. It's been said before and it will be said again. HOT TOPIC IS A RETAILER, NOT A RECORD STORE. They just so happened to have one of us who works his ass off to get labels to press records that he then buys for his stores. I highly doubt the higher ups at HT go into their meeting and say "Shit, that paramore record just dropped and we have $1 shipping going on. Quick, double the price and make the UPC not work so we can avoid losing all of this money on shipping records!" 

I get what you're trying to say.

But if I were selling something I know people would definitely snap up, I would choose to sell it at the 'standard retail price' rather than at a discount (in this case the discount comes in the form of $1 shipping). It just doesn't make sense to put up a new hot release at a discounted period.

It's like how they exclude vinyl from their hot cash sales. Only this time, they're just 'excluding' this LP temporarily for a day.

They excluded vinyl from Hot Cash because people were buying in quantities of 50. That, along with the fact that there is not much profit to be made off records. There is profit, yes, but not enough to convert HT into HT Records. They make the most off clothing, especially when they themselves produce it. Hot Cash is designed to reward people who have already spent money at the store (not people who copy codes from an online website into a promo box) and to lessen their inventory. 

They have the deal to get people to buy things. They aren't trying to discourage you from buying

Exactly, it just cracks me up that any time there is some glitch or system issue where something is a little screwed up online people come up with conspiracy theories. I promise you that no one here is taking the time to put something up online for twice the price to screw with anyone. Why would we even put it up at all? Why not just wait until today?

Sorry for the inconvenience with this, obviously something was wrong. We figured out what it was and fixed it but it took overnight for that fix to take effect.

They excluded vinyl from Hot Cash because people were buying in quantities of 50. That, along with the fact that there is not much profit to be made off records. There is profit, yes, but not enough to convert HT into HT Records. They make the most off clothing, especially when they themselves produce it. Hot Cash is designed to reward people who have already spent money at the store (not people who copy codes from an online website into a promo box) and to lessen their inventory. 

Exactly, it just cracks me up that any time there is some glitch or system issue where something is a little screwed up online people come up with conspiracy theories. I promise you that no one here is taking the time to put something up online for twice the price to screw with anyone. Why would we even put it up at all? Why not just wait until today?

Sorry for the inconvenience with this, obviously something was wrong. We figured out what it was and fixed it but it took overnight for that fix to take effect.

Fair enough. I was just extremely suspicious because I refreshed one minute and it was $48.50 and the dollar shipping was available. 

The next minute I refreshed, it went to $21.99 and the shipping offer was gone.

Fair enough. I was just extremely suspicious because I refreshed one minute and it was $48.50 and the dollar shipping was available. 

The next minute I refreshed, it went to $21.99 and the shipping offer was gone.

That's just because the website was set to refresh at midnight. The $1 shipping was coded to end at that time and the refresh of the vinyl prices was pushed to go live when the website refreshed also. IT is a process and every change to the site over the course of the day is just set to go live at one refresh time. They probably have internal controls in place to make sure that changes are approved and everything and that it was implemented correctly, they aren't going to do that process more than once in a day. Not a conspiracy, just an unfortunate coincidence.

That's just because the website was set to refresh at midnight. The $1 shipping was coded to end at that time and the refresh of the vinyl prices was pushed to go live when the website refreshed also. IT is a process and every change to the site over the course of the day is just set to go live at one refresh time. They probably have internal controls in place to make sure that changes are approved and everything and that it was implemented correctly, they aren't going to do that process more than once in a day. Not a conspiracy, just an unfortunate coincidence.

Well, thank you for the explanation!

Now if HT.com were doing continuous deployment this wouldn't be a problem! :)

Haha this is true. One of my good friends used to be in HT IT and it's undergoing quite a bit of change as well at HT itself, from what he has told me. I feel for those HT customer service reps who get handed very little info to help customers and then this happens. Intercommunication is most important.