PO: Foxing - The Albatross

It's probably because I've listened to the original so many times but this remaster has sooooo many subtle differences I'm recognizing. Love it.

this, the dynamics of the drums are so much more clear, also a more discernible bass tone, not to mention all the little things the producer talked about really shining through.  i will say it doesn't "bump" as much but thats likely because this better master eliminates the compression wall aspect.

all in all i'd say its a slightly softer, yet way more intricate mix. it really clears things up, you'll find many notes that hit that sweet spot hit it smoother and better now, and the atmospheric reverb /bassy room feel has been scaled down to put all the many melodies and "secrets"of this album right in your ears.

this, the dynamics of the drums are so much more clear, also a more discernible bass tone, not to mention all the little things the producer talked about really shining through. i will say it doesn't "bump" as much but thats likely because this better master eliminates the compression wall aspect.

all in all i'd say its a slightly softer, yet way more intricate mix. it really clears things up, you'll find many notes that hit that sweet spot hit it smoother and better now, and the atmospheric reverb /bassy room feel has been scaled down to put all the many melodies and "secrets"of this album right in your ears.

Perfect description!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to get this mainly for the remaster alone, but knowing that they haven't sold out of the coke bottle variants yet is crazy!

I snagged one for myself. Thanks for the inspiration haha.

They did sell out, they must have just put overrun copies up.

That being said, got mine and it sounds amazing. I don't like that they switched the insert to a printed dust sleeve but whatever.

Have no idea what this sounds like, but I like a lot of the people praising it in this thread. Seems like it's received great scores online, and the (mysteriously available) variant sounds great. Going to take a $19 gamble.

Derek dabbling in emo.

Oh shit. I think this record will probably provide a sound that satisfies his palette though.

I've thrown down with some twinkle daddies back in my day.  Does Foxing resonate well with fans of TWIABP, American Football, Duck. Little Brother, Duck!, or Prawn?

I'd say so. Weird to describe but it's like minimalist twinkle? The most popular song has the guitars blended into the background but i'd bet no one really notices.

Personally it was my AOTY so I'll be insulted haha

Check back with your impressions I'll be interested to hear them.

Was browsing this thread and noticed you nominated it for AOTY. A few times, haha. I'm sure I won't hate it, considering your tastes.

Will definitely bump this thread with my thoughts after a thorough listen or three.

Was browsing this thread and noticed you nominated it for AOTY. A few times, haha. I'm sure I won't hate it, considering your tastes.

Will definitely bump this thread with my thoughts after a thorough listen or three.

Yeah man I think it's a good gamble as far as buying a record you haven't heard. It's seriously a great album and I think people who don't just listen to the bands they tour with would enjoy their music too.

And like you said, you can always resell on the boards haha