No Sleep Records 2014 Vinyl Sub

tokimedo

also because the band is fucking horrible.

I can understand why someone would say that about TRC. When No Sleep signed them, I was still kinda in my br00talcore phase of life, and I was like "hey, this isn't that bad."

Several months later, I feel the same way. They remind me of early Asking Alexandria done in a fashion that doesn't completely suck. It's nothing to get excited about. However, I think if kids in the US actually heard them, they might develop a relatively loyal fan base.

Look what happened to Neck Deep. They're a generic, nothing special band (with one good acoustic song featuring a female vocalist) that sounds like Forever Came Calling smashed into The Story So Far and Stick to Your Guns. And then the release of Rain in July made everyone on Tumblr go ape shit about them, and boom. US Tour. But nothing Neck Deep is doing is new or exciting in the slightest. It just so happens that the kids like it.

TRC could be the next band to blow up. Why not? They made it.

And their lyrics all reflect the fact they've "made it." I don't mind them but all the lyrics talking about how cool they think they are gets old.

I hear ya. 

I like how they make hardcore music that's almost metalcore, and put a not completely generic spin on it. There was something fresh sounding about #TeamUK and Heartless when they came out. Maybe it was the accents. I dunno.

40ish left, in case anyone is on the fence. although i would venture to guess about 75% of the ones sold so far went in the first day. it has been slow since then.

And their lyrics all reflect the fact they've "made it." I don't mind them but all the lyrics talking about how cool they think they are gets old.

a day to remember already did it, but better. ha

• 1 month later...

That's some awesome luck! Congratulations!

Congratulations man! Hopefully you find a few new favorites in there!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll find a bunch of great new artists because of this. Some of my favorites of recent years (No Trigger, Allison Weiss, Aficionado, to name a few) were artists I found because of No Sleep.