The Beatles - White Album XONE.HUNDRED /450

I attended the WFMU rec fair this evening and Rutherford was in the house, selling a box of these for $20 each. A friend of mine spoke to him and got the impression that the pressing was /1000, and that about 400 were sold so far. I picked up a copy, but didn't get into those details with him. I just told him I liked the project and that if I spotted any good deals on a first press white album, I'd let him know. :)

I attended the WFMU rec fair this evening and Rutherford was in the house, selling a box of these for $20 each. A friend of mine spoke to him and got the impression that the pressing was /1000, and that about 400 were sold so far. I picked up a copy, but didn't get into those details with him. I just told him I liked the project and that if I spotted any good deals on a first press white album, I'd let him know. :)

hey..

I am going back to today.

I was thinking about asking him when I see him.

also bringing him a beat up LP1 from the white album in exchange for information..

maybe that will butter him up for information..

I can't make it to the WFMU fair but if you go and he's showing his White Albums, I donated the one covered in Wacky Packages stickers.

I interviewed Rutherford back in February when he did the NYC gallery showing for a month, and talked tech with him about how best to save and mixdown the tracks he was recording for the album (the file was getting too big and was threatening to corrupt). My pal Missy eventually gave him the tech info he needed.

In any case, I mail ordered a copy and it arrived today. Looking forward to listening to it.

Yesterday I went back to the rec fair and asked him directly how many he'd pressed and while he was really super nice, he said he didn't know the exact number (which I highly doubt), but just "a few hundred."

I guess he's reticent to announce the number because he doesn't want that factor to drive the conversation about the project, which is understandable, since it's something he's very passionate about. I'm working all day today, but hope to open and play my copy tonight!

Yesterday I went back to the rec fair and asked him directly how many he'd pressed and while he was really super nice, he said he didn't know the exact number (which I highly doubt), but just "a few hundred."

I guess he's reticent to announce the number because he doesn't want that factor to drive the conversation about the project, which is understandable, since it's something he's very passionate about. I'm working all day today, but hope to open and play my copy tonight!

I think there's a photograph in this thread that said, #/450

One thing that interests me... I wonder if Chang registered each album with the White Album Registry and made note of which ones were used in the album. It would be interesting to see how the value of those individual copies could change in the future due to this.

For anyone who hasn't registered on the site, check it out and fill in the details of your copy. It's a neat concept. I just realized that I never did so for my mono pressing, so I'll be adding that in soon.