PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

met both stephan and brad over last weekend, stephan is a truly strange dude, really seems to be in his head a lot, but did tell an interesting story or two about some of the album art/pictures from my copy of s/t. brad just kept reiterating how shitty he felt that the tickets cost so much. i won't be surprised if he isn't drumming for them much longer.

Now I'm curious, what's the story behind the album art?

i couldn't hear (he was down the line) but for the inner picture of stephan in the blue booklet he described how when that picture was taken they had just gotten off of tour and he was broke with no car no license etc. and so pissed off hahahaha. the story itself was pretty funny.

Haha, man, I'll tell you what - Jenkins is a jerk by all accounts, and I can totally understand why a lot of people hate their music, but I can't wait to have S/T and Blue on vinyl. I hope the remasters sound as awesome as I imagine.

id like to hear this. brad was seriously one of the nicest dudes ive met

I've met the entire bans twice in the past year and they are all super nice, even #jenkins.  He signed 14 things for me the first time and got talk with him for a while about the new album and stuff, also got a sweet photo with him, this was at the airport with nobody around.  next time I saw them he was super nice again and wanted to know how my drive down to the show was, cause he remembered me from toronto and this was in pittsburgh.  he also was really interested in how I knew that he was going to be at the airport, again he signed loads of stuff for my sister and myself and we both got nice photos with him and the rest of the band.  From my encounters he is super nice, not weird at all, just a normal guy.

damn, sorry guys, I quoted the wrong post above

Ah, yeah, my perception comes from stories like this: http://www.avclub.com/article/singer-songwriter-john-vanderslice-on-the-very-per-99379

Don't worry, your encounter was probably the most favorable I've heard. Haha

Off topic, but I wasted way too much time going through those most hated song segments. Pretty fun reads.

Go google third eye blind's tour rider from the 90's. Might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/third-eye-blind

That was probably the best Google search of my entire life.

Jesus Christ, MOST of these riders are just great. The best has got to be "Six packs of Marlboro Red cigarettes in the box. If you choose to take some moral stance a $20 buyout must be substituted. Remember, you are promoting concerts, not saving whales," from the Foo Fighters.

why do people get so weird about riders? I honestly didn't see anything out of the ordinary on that rider. Wanna see a ridiculous rider? Go look at Katy Perry's.

That rider basically said "hey we want to be comfortable so here's a legal contract ensuring that we don't roll up and have one dressing room with a chair for all of us".

I've met the entire bans twice in the past year and they are all super nice, even #jenkins.  He signed 14 things for me the first time and got talk with him for a while about the new album and stuff, also got a sweet photo with him, this was at the airport with nobody around.  next time I saw them he was super nice again and wanted to know how my drive down to the show was, cause he remembered me from toronto and this was in pittsburgh.  he also was really interested in how I knew that he was going to be at the airport, again he signed loads of stuff for my sister and myself and we both got nice photos with him and the rest of the band.  From my encounters he is super nice, not weird at all, just a normal guy.

Well now I have a new "#1 most positive Jenkins encounter ever heard." Do you happen to be an attractive female? Seriously though, that's good to hear. The real question is WILL I REALLY GET TO SPIN "MOTORCYCLE DRIVE BY" IN 2013? What are the odds these actually ship before Christmas?

Cripes.  Somehow I actually feel kinda bad for Jenkins having to deal with something like this.