ps4 launch

I used to manage a couple different gamestops, the pay off then go home method overall is best for the employees and the customers. Employees can still get other work done instead of wasting time with line management. Customers can go home instead of standing around a gamestop all night.

Having to wait in line to guarantee something is a rare thing, usually (for games) you either have it preordered or there are plenty of extras for walk ins.

You shoulda seen me try to find a copy of Animal Crossing for the 3DS for my wife, every store was sold out and everyone mocked me for not PO-ing. It was the first time that's ever happened to me and the shame cut deep!

I was excited for the PS4 until they decided to turn it into the Sony shit show. Great if you just wanna play games but disabling the ability to stream stuff from anything outside of Sony's store sucks. I use my PS3 more for streaming media then games. Xbox actually sounds more interesting. You can hook up your cable box to it and use it as a DVR.

I was excited for the PS4 until they decided to turn it into the Sony shit show. Great if you just wanna play games but disabling the ability to stream stuff from anything outside of Sony's store sucks. I use my PS3 more for streaming media then games. Xbox actually sounds more interesting. You can hook up your cable box to it and use it as a DVR.

are you talking about streaming services? you'll still be able to get those...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57611828-221/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-entertainment-apps-compared/

and it should have an internet browser like the ps3 so you should be able to access youtube, etc.

http://gizmodo.com/ps4-review-the-future-is-finally-here-1463432248

are you talking about streaming services? you'll still be able to get those...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57611828-221/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-entertainment-apps-compared/

and it should have an internet browser like the ps3 so you should be able to access youtube, etc.

http://gizmodo.com/ps4-review-the-future-is-finally-here-1463432248

No I mean the ability to stream movies and music from my PC to the PS4. They disabled DLNA for the launch. If they enable it I will buy the PS4 but I stream too much right now to make the switch.

I've got servio and use it to occasionally stream movies and tv from my desktop to PS3. It's not that great of a feature anyways. Half the time I get this "encountered an error -- unable to stream content error" (seems to be based on what kind of file is selected), the fast forward/reverse is really slow with no way to skip.

It's better than nothing, but most of the time I just pop on Netflix rather than bothering with it and watch stuff on my desktop later.

You shoulda seen me try to find a copy of Animal Crossing for the 3DS for my wife, every store was sold out and everyone mocked me for not PO-ing. It was the first time that's ever happened to me and the shame cut deep!

Nintendo started severely limited the amount of physical games they were sending out to the world when they finally got into digital downloads. They would rather brick and morter run out so people will just pay them the same price directly.

Moral of the story: you actually should preorder Wii U and 3DS games if you expect to have an easy time finding them.

I've got servio and use it to occasionally stream movies and tv from my desktop to PS3. It's not that great of a feature anyways. Half the time I get this "encountered an error -- unable to stream content error" (seems to be based on what kind of file is selected), the fast forward/reverse is really slow with no way to skip.

It's better than nothing, but most of the time I just pop on Netflix rather than bothering with it and watch stuff on my desktop later.

Download this, it will change your life. http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

I might try for a black friday deal on this but not going apeshit to get one. Don't have to have it right this second.

A lot of Black Friday ads have already leaked, and there aren't any next gen systems involved. I think the closest thing to a discount you will see anytime soon is if you wait for the infamous bundle in March. In theory that will be the standard $399 price with the game included.

Xbox One for me i'm afraid. I think Microsoft have and will continue to improve this console way beyond what Sony will manage. I own a 360 and PS3 and i've not switched my PS3 on for months, the very fact that in seven years Sony have barely touched the OS while MS have overhauled their twice makes me wary of how committed they will be this time around but i'm totally willing to be proved wrong. Looks like they're having hardware problems with some of the units going out at the moment, too.

Xbox One for me i'm afraid. I think Microsoft have and will continue to improve this console way beyond what Sony will manage. I own a 360 and PS3 and i've not switched my PS3 on for months, the very fact that in seven years Sony have barely touched the OS while MS have overhauled their twice makes me wary of how committed they will be this time around but i'm totally willing to be proved wrong. Looks like they're having hardware problems with some of the units going out at the moment, too.

Maybe Sony got the OS right the first time? I've had no complaints.

Sony (as far as I know), is not known for anything similar to the "red ring of death". That's not to say that there can't be problems with the PS4 and not with the XBOX. One company has a better track record on quality in my mind, though.

Sony (as far as I know), is not known for anything similar to the "red ring of death". That's not to say that there can't be problems with the PS4 and not with the XBOX. One company has a better track record on quality in my mind, though.

I didn't say that Sony got it wrong last time, just that i didn't feel like they were committed to improving it throughout the console's lifespan.

yeah, but xbox at least gave you a free consol if that happened, I got mine replaced for free, so I dont see the "RRoD" as a deal breaker at all.  I was without my 360 for two weeks, no big deal, I just did other things instead.

I didn't say that Sony got it wrong last time, just that i didn't feel like they were committed to improving it throughout the console's lifespan.

My point was just that it's not about how many improvements you make, but the total quality of the console. Number of OS overhauls is meaningless when comparing systems. It's about the quality of the system. Look at how people have reacted to Windows throughout the years -- some of them were well received (95, xp, 7) and some were disliked or hated (vista, arguably 8). If it works, don't mess with it (too much).

yeah, but xbox at least gave you a free consol if that happened, I got mine replaced for free, so I dont see the "RRoD" as a deal breaker at all.  I was without my 360 for two weeks, no big deal, I just did other things instead.

True. And any faulty PS4 that makes it into the world will be replaced. The initial comment just hinted at choosing a Xbox over playstation due to quality issues (which may or may not exist). Quality issues never a positive, regardless of warranties. Hassle and are a sign that the overall system isn't built to last when the warranty is eventually up.

The PS3 had the yellow light of death, which was pretty much the same thing, an overheating issue that caused the mobo to warp.