Can you play a vinyl that was signed with sharpie?

Thank god there are so many fans of vinyl who:

a. Are clearly better than everyone else

b. Have enough free time to make fun of music plebs on forums

You guys be sure to let us know when you achieve musical enlightenment and can suck your own dick.

You sure sound mad that not everyone took this noob ass question deadly serious

I'm seeing August Burns Red this weekend and I want them to sign my vinyl, but will I still be able to play it. Will it still work or no? I know that's a stupid question but I'm pretty new to vinyl collecting still lol.

Thanks,

-Sam

Why?  I mean I sure as hell wouldn't want to degrade that sweet sweet signature.

Christian "Metal" shouldn't be anyway. They need to stop appropriating subcultures for their nonsense. Go ahead and let them sign it, and in turn stop listening to it. Thank me later. 

Edit: Really not trying to stir shit up so early in my forum 'career', this person just seems misguided in several realms. Apologies.

Christian "Metal" shouldn't be anyway. They need to stop appropriating subcultures for their nonsense. Go ahead and let them sign it, and in turn stop listening to it. Thank me later. 

Edit: Really not trying to stir shit up so early in my forum 'career', this person just seems misguided in several realms. Apologies.

I used to feel this way about Christian music. Then I realized "Who the fuck cares?" and that Beloved and Mewithoutyou both own.

Too bad some of Underoath's albums are great.

I'm seeing August Burns Red this weekend and I want them to sign my vinyl, but will I still be able to play it. Will it still work or no? I know that's a stupid question but I'm pretty new to vinyl collecting still lol.

Thanks,

-Sam

They can sign the center of the vinyl record (the part with the sticker)