VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

I'm listening to Murder By Death's Who Will Survive now. Freaking love it! A quick search on discogs however, shows that I'll have to pay a little over the top for it though... :mellow:

I'm pretty sure they keep their stuff in print.

Edit: looks like you can only get the 10th anniversary 2xlp for 25

brandy

Here's a link for the special edition of Who Will Survive...

http://store.murderbydeath.com/product/presale-10th-anniversary-who-will-survive-vinyl-special-edition

For sure get this. It's got a sweet looking etched D-side too. Plus some bonus tracks.

After digesting this album, for sure check out In Bocca Al Lupo. That's my favorites of theirs. And then listen to the song my user name is from. "King of the Gutters, Prince of the Dogs" from Good Morning Magpie.

Ok I'm done derailing the thread.

As far as MBD, I say skip In Bocca and go to Red of Tooth and Claw next.

WHAAAA??? These are fightin words. Why skip their best & go to their least good? Don't wanna say worst & imply it's a bad album, but that's the one album that never clicked for me (aside from Comin' Home through Fuego).

brandy

Here's a link for the special edition of Who Will Survive...

http://store.murderbydeath.com/product/presale-10th-anniversary-who-will-survive-vinyl-special-edition

For sure get this. It's got a sweet looking etched D-side too. Plus some bonus tracks.

After digesting this album, for sure check out In Bocca Al Lupo. That's my favorites of theirs. And then listen to the song my user name is from. "King of the Gutters, Prince of the Dogs" from Good Morning Magpie.

Ok I'm done derailing the thread.

For sure I'll check out In Bocca Al Lupo. I've heard great things bout that album! Also, if their stuff is always in print, I'll probably get these maybe next month or in 2 months time, since I'm pretty broke right now.

Also, nah. You ain't derailing this thread. All good discussion about music is good!

Im going with XO by Elliott, Ive listened to Pitseleh at least 500 times since that album came out.

As far as MBD, I say skip In Bocca and go to Red of Tooth and Claw next.

Right. I'll just check out their whole discography when I've the spare time! Hah!

WHAAAA??? These are fightin words. Why skip their best & go to their least good? Don't wanna say worst & imply it's a bad album, but that's the one album that never clicked for me (aside from Comin' Home through Fuego).

Thats funny, Boca is my least fave album by them followed by Exorcist. I feel like they really hit their groove with Red of Tooth and have put out solid releases since then opposed to (in my eyes) every other relase being good.

Results for round X:

12:

XO - Elliott Smith

5:

The XX - The XX

2:

X'ed Out - Tera Melos

Xenophanes - Omar Rodriguez Lopez

1:

X-Rated - Queens Of The Stone Age

Xtort - KMFDM

X - Sons Of Otis 

Xothist - Xothist

X-Ray Means Woman - The Microphones

AND THE WINNER FOR ROUND X IS XO BY ELLIOTT SMITH!!!!!

homepage_large.f87a386a.jpg

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine

Honorable Mentions:

Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People 

Drive Like Jehu - Yank Crime

Dinosaur Jr. You're Living All Over Me

Built to Spill – You in Reverse

Randy – You Can't Keep a Good Band Down

Dead Boys – Young, Loud, and Snotty