Recent purchases

In the mail today:

Tigers Jaw - Charmer (Maroon/White)

Of course I checked the album out last week when the download codes were sent out.  It's excellent.. 'Slow Come On' is great, and they actually played this a few years ago at Title Fight's 'Floral Green' record release show.  The record itself is awesome.. that embossed cover is great.  I keep rubbing it and rubbing it.

Cheap Girls - Famous Graves (Red)

I didn't spin this yet, but I checked out some songs they released before it came out.  They re-recorded 'Pure Hate' which was on their split with Lemuria.  Such a solid song.  I need to see these guys live.. love them.  They're guitar player is ridiculous.. they don't even need a second one.  This one is the red variant, limited to 300 on No Idea.. It came out on 5/13, but it was delayed.

Tiny Empires - Weird Headspace

I grabbed this from No Idea when I ordered the Cheap Girls lp.  I didn't even know they were around and had a record out.  They were on the flipside of a split with Tigers Jaw that came out a little while ago.  I didn't spin this either.. sounded good before I bought it though.  It's on black vinyl, screen printed cover.

Stopped in Embassy Vinyl in Scranton the other day.. I'd never been there and I recommend it.  I only had an hour to look before they closed, but I grabbed..

Johnny Thunders - Diary Of A Lover (1983, PVC) 

A 12" EP that was later released as 'In Cold Blood', but these have different mixes and predate that release.  I'd love an affordable copy of 'So Alone'.

10,000 Maniacs - In My Tribe (1987, Elektra)

I just got into this band for a single I bought for $2.. a few days later I found a double cd of hits/b-sides and I can't stop listening to it.

The Ocean Blue - S/T (1989, Sire/Reprise)

From the sound and band photo on the cover, these guys look english and sound a bit like The Smiths, but they are from HERSHEY, PA.. chocolate motherfuckers.  Chocolate.

Funny story about The Ocean Blue lp.. I go into a local record shop/music gear store maybe once or twice a week.. grab a few used records for a few bucks each.  It's always a great deal because I used to take guitar lessons from the owner and actually worked there years and years ago.. but I always make a note if something looks interesting.. check it out at home and if I like it, I'll buy it the next time I go in.  Well, I had this Ocean Blue lp on the side along with a few others (The Police, Tom Petty, Fingerprintz).. before I check out, he checked EBAY and found two Buy It Now's for $67 and $80.. so he didn't sell it to me!  Anyway, when I went to Embassy I randomly found it again for $4!  He actually has his on ebay right now.. maybe I should bid really high and not pay.  :lol: :lol: :lol:   That's all.  I'm bored and wanted to type a bunch of words.

In the past couple of weeks...

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

The Beatles - Revolver

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

Coldplay - Ghost Stories

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

Nickel Creek - A Dotted Line

The National - The Virginia EP

Sharon Van Etten - Are We There (deluxe)

Oasis - Definitely, Maybe (reissue)

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (reissue)

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D. City

now that's a come up! hopefully for a decent price

It's weird. It seems like it's more common in Portland than other places to find weirdly good deals. I found my copy of The Ugly Organ for $3 about 6 months ago. It was in the "discount punk and modern" bin at my favorite record joint.

From this last week.

Andy Burrows - Company - LP
Bob Mould - Beauty and Ruin - Yellow Vinyl LP
Fucked Up - Glass Boys (Deluxe Edition) - Double LP
Simple Minds - Empires and Dance - LP
Title Fight - Floral Green - Green Vinyl LP /2500
Union Sound Set - To The Wolves - CD
Zig Zags - Brainded Warrior - Red Vinyl 7" Single /200
Zig Zags - Zig Zags - Clear with Black Smoke LP /200

It's weird. It seems like it's more common in Portland than other places to find weirdly good deals. I found my copy of The Ugly Organ for $3 about 6 months ago. It was in the "discount punk and modern" bin at my favorite record joint.

Super jealous of that pick up. I'm still waiting for the reissue to happen "sometime this year".

Super jealous of that pick up. I'm still waiting for the reissue to happen "sometime this year".

Yeah. Mine's on black, so I'll probably pick up the reissue too if it really is on green. I'll have my red Domestica, Green Ugly Organ, and Gold Burst and Bloom. I'd rather see Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes reissued though, tbh. 

I guess to be on topic I'll say...

My most recent purchases are:

Blink 182: EOTS and Dude Ranch (so much nostalgia...)

Earth - Bees Made Honey (Red) and Hex (White)

Om- Pilgrimage (This and the Earth records should be coming in this week.)

and

Om - Variations on a Theme (the shipment came yesterday but was the wrong record, so I'm running over to Holy Mountain to exchange it. John over there is super awesome...Didn't realize he was less than a mile from me or I would have just offered to pick it up in the first place.)

Tribe - Low End Theory 1/many

Page France - Family Gramophone 1/unknown

Roger Daltrey - Pain 1/can't say for sure

Roger Daltrey - Fire 1/??????

Parquet Courts - Sunbathing 1/anybody's guess

Okkervil - Gymnasium 1/1 (to me)

Islands - Ski Mask 1/1,000,000

All on an edition of molded black vinyl.