Mastodon - Call of the Mastodon repress

I'm surprised to see someone complain about the way Relapse ships. Everything I get from them is shipped perfectly. They even use a different type of mailer that folds in an extra time on two sides (similar to the ones SRC uses but much, much sturdier). That and they put an extra piece of cardboard on each side of the mailer.

I'm surprised to see someone complain about the way Relapse ships. Everything I get from them is shipped perfectly. They even use a different type of mailer that folds in an extra time on two sides (similar to the ones SRC uses but much, much sturdier). That and they put an extra piece of cardboard on each side of the mailer.

Agreed. I've never had an issue with Relapse in all the years that I've been ordering through them.

Where are these people coming from thinking that this added cardboard exactly the size of a record actually helps? If anything, it makes the package heavier and decreases the protection. 

edit: I hope Im wrong though and Relapse have improved their packaging, last time I ordered from them was exactly a year ago.

I'm excited they're in the studio recording a new album. The guitarist in my band is in another band with Troy (their bassist) and he's in Nashville with them this weekend while they track vocals. Apparently they've got a pretty big name producer on this one- Nick Raskulinecz (Rush, Ghost, Deaftones, QotSA, Foo Fighters) who is really pushing them to be better. I am pumped.

I'm excited they're in the studio recording a new album. The guitarist in my band is in another band with Troy (their bassist) and he's in Nashville with them this weekend while they track vocals. Apparently they've got a pretty big name producer on this one- Nick Raskulinecz (Rush, Ghost, Deaftones, QotSA, Foo Fighters) who is really pushing them to be better. I am pumped.

Just don't let him mix the album and it should turn out OK.

Where are these people coming from thinking that this added cardboard exactly the size of a record actually helps? If anything, it makes the package heavier and decreases the protection.

edit: I hope Im wrong though and Relapse have improved their packaging, last time I ordered from them was exactly a year ago.

It stiffens the package making it less likely to fold and also prevents the record from sliding around in the mailer.