Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

Read an interesting interview where GRRM said the only character he won't kill off (at least in the immediate future) was Arya Stark, because his wife wouldn't let him. She'd get mad if he did.

Everyone else including Jon Snow is fair game.

haha this is hilarious!

also, I really want every pop character

Read an interesting interview where GRRM said the only character he won't kill off (at least in the immediate future) was Arya Stark, because his wife wouldn't let him. She'd get mad if he did.

Everyone else including Jon Snow is fair game.

Good, she's my favorite.  *wipes forehead*

Finally caught up on the series.  So pumped for 4.  I'd start the books but there ain't no way I'd finish them all before the new season starts.

Martin has already said that anyone is fair game in almost every interview he has done. It COULD happen. I agree that I would be devastated, but Martin enjoys doing that to his readers/viewers. Good for Arya though. She's a badass. Very excited about this season. I listened to Kit Harrington on the Nerdist the other day talking about how the budget for this season surpasses all of the other ones so there should be some amazing things to come. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/game-thrones-fans-treated-advance-screening-barclays-article-1.1728871

Definitely saw that guy in the Robert Baratheon costume.  Only a few people dressed up, and they were all pretty lame.  Except one guy who dressed as Jon Snow (good costume) but looked more of a Samwell Tarley.

Screened episode 1 on a big screen at the Barclays, gave away a replica throne to one of the audience members, and had the "ultimate fan experience" which consisted of 2 replica thrones with huge lines for pictures, one of Khaleesi's dresses, and a suit of armor. 

George RR was there as well and talked on stage for a bit.  Hodor came out and did a Q&A with Arya, Samwell, and Shae (no idea why they would bring the worst actress on the show.  She had nothing worthwhile to say at all.) John Bradley (Sam) was actually pretty damn charismatic and witty.  Maisey was pretty nervous but the audience loved her.  She and Hodor got huge ovations, but RR got an extended standing O.  People kept shouting to finish the new book, and he kept joking that he knows and he's working on it.

Took forever to get in/out/around the arena, but the episode was fucking awesome.  Kind of took away from it though when the entire audience decided it was necessary to clap for every character appearance and the end of every scene.

He said something interesting last night, I'll put a spoiler on it just in case people don't want to see.. but I found it interesting foreshadowing...

At the premiere Martin something along the lines of "dragons have a known history of killing each other..."  In my opinion, you can interpret this two ways.  Simply that one of Dany's dragons may kill another one at some point.  In book 5 they are getting pretty unruly and vicious.  I think it might be a little deeper though, and allude to Dany possibly being at odds with Aegon over control of the Iron Throne, or Dany vs. Jon Snow if he is revealed to be a dragon.  Not sure if I should even read into him saying this, but it didn't seem to be a throwaway line to me.

• 2 weeks later...