Post Your Record Storage Area

The shelves are actually three 9 cube units, which were about $70/each and you buy them in a box and assemble it yourself at home with nothing but a screwdriver, hammer and Allen key (ala IKEA style). And the other darker units are the first ones I bought (before records took over my life) and those are simple 2 cube units, and I have 3 of those arranged in different ways.

All in all it works together into a nice unit, although it's close to full and I'm out of room to put any more shelving!

I had one of those Home Depot units before and I remember them being JUST too small for records, in that the sleeve was slightly off the edge of the shelf. It might not be the biggest deal but I remember thinking that could potentially cause some sleeve damage.

That is if you are a freak and care about that sort of thing.

:P

I had one of those Home Depot units before and I remember them being JUST too small for records, in that the sleeve was slightly off the edge of the shelf. It might not be the biggest deal but I remember thinking that could potentially cause some sleeve damage.

That is if you are a freak and care about that sort of thing.

:P

Yeah, they hang off the edge about a 1/2" but it doesn't bother me at all, enough of the record is ON the shelf that the weight it distributed to that portion and not the overhanging bit. I've had LP's on these things for 7-8 years and there's no signs of damage whatsoever.

And since they have a back on them they're pretty perfect imo, (as opposed to the Ikea Expedite, which has no back support)

Without sounding likea dick the room is pretty cool I must agree, the phots don't really do justice but I am nowhere near artistic enough to take better photos. The wife refers to it as the Rocket Room as it is like a weird shrine to San Diego circa 1996. I mainly collect Lindsey Kuhn RFTC posters, the Kozik hanging behind the shelving I got from Radio Wendy's Gariss. The Jehu poster next to the Jager dispenser is printed on cloth and is awesome IMO. Above taht is my favourite poster, Savage Pencils cover rfor the On A Rope boxset edition of 125. Finally, the bootleg record I turned into a clock, there is a $80 clock. Like most people I just wish the wife let me have a bigger room as I still have a few more posters to hang with no wall space to achieve it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud locked this topic