Post Your Record Storage Area

Guest genericinsight

don't really have great storage area(s) -

First set of LPs, these are kept at the foot of my bed:

[image]

Second set of LPs and 10" records, these are kept next to the door of my bedroom:

[image]

7inches, kept on a shelf (supposed to be a desk area but never used it for that purpose) next to my turntable:

[image]

My crappy stereo. CD changer that doesn't work anymore/turntable/cassette deck. Not the best table in the world but plays well enough. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a better one. *Note: the right speaker is located at the top of my shelving unit, couldn't get a pic, you get the idea:

[image]

Guest genericinsight
cool man, where did you get those cubes from?

you know what, I honestly don't remember. I got them so long ago. Probably from some mailorder catalog, we get a shit ton of them from different companies at my house so half the time I order stuff and can't remember where it came from.

Guest abravemorning

Just picked up these wire frame shelves from Target after my roommate recommended them, and I'm pretty impressed. It's nice to finally have a dedicated storage space.

[image]

better make sure that those wire shelves are put together properly and tight because we had those at work that organized our magazines and newspapers and all that shit and it collapsed and was a mess. you might wanna throw some of those zip ties around the edges to make sure they hold together. better safe than sorry.

Just picked up these wire frame shelves from Target after my roommate recommended them, and I'm pretty impressed. It's nice to finally have a dedicated storage space.

[image]

I like your setup. A couple of things:

1. keep those records stacked vertically - they're leaning in the picture and that may cause warpage.

2. your subwoofer is directly below your turntable, which puts a lot of vibration into the table when your playing records, which in turn distorts the sound. I'd move that sub if you can.

Guest abravemorning

Thanks for the advice. I generally do keep my records stacked as vertical as possible. The records in the right shelf are slanted because I had picked out a record the middle, and titled those in front over in order to remember where it goes. As for the subwoofer, I'll try to find a better place for it, but as I'm listening to a record, I don't find it has any effect on the turntable itself.

As for the shelves collapsing, I was worried about that at first, and after playing with a few different arrangements, I decided to set my LPs on the bottom shelf, lays completely flat against the floor. The box stated each shelf can hold 8 lbs max, so I'm pretty confident it'll hold.

better make sure that those wire shelves are put together properly and tight because we had those at work that organized our magazines and newspapers and all that shit and it collapsed and was a mess. you might wanna throw some of those zip ties around the edges to make sure they hold together. better safe than sorry.
i also recommend this, if you go back a couple of pages my vinyl wall is wire shelving, but i used an ass load of zip ties.

Since I just got here, I figured I would post a pic. I couldn't find a record cabinet that I liked, so I made this one last year.

The bottom right cube that once held magazines and books has since been filled up with records. I'm already out of space, and will have to make another cabinet in the next year or two.

[image]

Since I just got here, I figured I would post a pic. I couldn't find a record cabinet that I liked, so I made this one last year.

The bottom right cube that once held magazines and books has since been filled up with records. I'm already out of space, and will have to make another cabinet in the next year or two.

[image]

yeaaahhhh. nice setup, man. i love the shelves and the components. is that a rega p3?

I spent 4 weekends, all day Sat in the garage trying to figure out how to use tools I hadn't used in years. It's the size of a sheet of oak hardwood (48" high by 96" long). It cost about $240 in wood, trim, glue, stain, etc... but it's solid. I am hoping I don't have to make another one soon, since it took so damn long!!!

[image]

yeaaahhhh. nice setup, man. i love the shelves and the components. is that a rega p3?

Yes, it is a P3, back when you could pick a color (do they still do that, all I see is black anymore?). Notice the lack of a CD player. So many people come over and can't figure out why there is no CD player. If they have to ask, they don't understand.

• jhulud locked this topic