• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have like 10 albums, and 200 records.

Finally have a camera that will at least take a viewable photo, so I thought I would share some pics. Speaker placement is not ideal, but it is a work in progress.    

This topic is giving me such a woody.   I collected fiercely in the 1990s, in retrospect the best time possible since everybody was dumping LPs. I'd spend $100 or $200 at Jerry's in Pittsbur

oh man, i forgot to take pictures but i'm so stoked -- the engineer for our radio stations was getting rid of one of their old vinyl storage shelves last week so i begged him to let me have it. it's heavy as fuck, but it's perfect -- custom built, 8 feet by 4 feet, and there are dividers that should allow for cd storage space in the leftover slots once i get my records in there. i just have to sand and re-paint it a decent color and then i'll have it in place when i get my new apartment. so jazzed.

I'm kind of an ass and my records are in boxes under where this picture stops. It's just those standard white ones from BagsUnlimited. I'm using an old (but sounds pretty tight) stereo from when I was a "kid" and you can see the tri-switch box next to the units. [CD/DVD/TAPE/RECORD]s are just one click away bro'

[image]

I also noticed after resizing that photo, all my electronics are SONY. It's funny b/c every one was a gift from a separate person. I dunno, just thought it was "kind of weird".

so besides Ikea, has anyone picked up anything decent at like a target or any other chain store? i need something that is tall and somewhat skinny. i saw these cube shelfs on taget.com but they dont have an espresso finish and would prefer it to match all my other furniture in my room.

i sa those in the store, they look pretty solid but i passed on them because they were more expensive than the 5x5 ikea exp. there's an ikea in orlando and soon to be tampa, so make a road trip to one of those places to get one, and hit up record stores while you're at it! if ya wait and do tampa drop me a line and well hang.