Post Your Record Storage Area

[image]

Picked up the Expedit on Craigslist for $75. Removed the top row of dividers and picked up the door and drawers from Ikea. Feels pretty solid.

Looks good other than the left side board is backwards. It looks like there's 2 holes showing in the front, which should go in the back side towards the wall to mount the wall mount bracket so the bookcase can't tip. Be careful of earthquakes otherwise.

That's what those holes are for! I didn't know. I am going to secure this to the wall for sure. I took this picture right after I got everything set up. I actually pulled it away from the wall last night and got all the wiring organized. Looks a lot cleaner now. I'll def be securing it later this week when I have some free time.

love this.

where are the speakers?

p.s.

i envy hardwood floor owners.

my apartment is 100% carpet, sans kitchen.

it's a fucking horrible thing.

Hardwood is great except that it sucks to walk on barefoot when it's cold. But it was the determining factor when we decided to go with this apartment. Because it's awesome otherwise.

[image]

The rest of my setup. Pretty much a direct pan right from the last photo.

That's what those holes are for! I didn't know. I am going to secure this to the wall for sure. I took this picture right after I got everything set up. I actually pulled it away from the wall last night and got all the wiring organized. Looks a lot cleaner now. I'll def be securing it later this week when I have some free time.

http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instructions/expedit-bookcase-149x149-cm__3CZ_12_PUB.PDF

If you didn't get the brackets and screws from the seller you can go into any IKEA as is department and usually get them for $1.

http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instructions/expedit-bookcase-149x149-cm__3CZ_12_PUB.PDF

If you didn't get the brackets and screws from the seller you can go into any IKEA as is department and usually get them for $1.

Yeah it didn't come with the brackets or screws. I'll have to stop by my Ikea and check it out. Thanks.

only been collecting since christmas really but i've got a good little collection going so far... and more showing up all the time

[image]

LPs in bottom left are girlfriend's. she's got a ton of showtunes stuff, it mostly hurts my ears... ::) but also some really good indie rock stuff that i love listening to mellow out to.

Here's what the full picture looks like

[image]

only been collecting since christmas really but i've got a good little collection going so far... and more showing up all the time

[image]

LPs in bottom left are girlfriend's. she's got a ton of showtunes stuff, it mostly hurts my ears... ::) but also some really good indie rock stuff that i love listening to mellow out to.

[image]

Nice collection of Green Day records.

I'm looking for a 1 by 2 Expedit (rather than a 2 by 2) to fill a specific gap, obviously they don't do one and seems a buit risky to do a cut down?!?

You can get one from Target.com. A little more than the expedit. Made of the same stuff, has a back panel too. I like mine quite a bit.

[image]

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=large+divided+cube&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories

I'm looking for a 1 by 2 Expedit (rather than a 2 by 2) to fill a specific gap, obviously they don't do one and seems a buit risky to do a cut down?!?

You can get one from Target.com. A little more than the expedit. Made of the same stuff, has a back panel too. I like mine quite a bit.

[image]

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=large+divided+cube&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories

I can stand by those Target shelves. I started out with 3 of the double cubes and now I'm at 10 of the doubles and 2 of the singles. No sagging or showing any signs of stress after 3-4 years now.

[image]

[image]

Nice collection of Green Day records.

thanks!! i'm nowhere near done with my GD collection, and there's more that's hidden including the green day 7" box set (don't care if people think that was a dumb purchase, i loved going through it and seeing all the old 7" art for a fraction of what it'd cost to own the originals which i hope to someday own), jesus of suburbia 10" import, etc.

my goal is to have an original pressing copy of every major "old era" (so pre american idiot) release along with a play copy, so far i've done this for the first 3 (though i'd kill to own an original 39/smooth pressed at lookout's first location in laytonville). some of my prizes include early pressings of 39 smooth, kerplunk, and dookie (pressed in 94 with ernie from sesame street still on the back cover, thinking it must be from germany)

pardon my ramblings. green day was, is and always will be "that" band for me, a lot of my life would have been way way different had i never heard of them....

I never woulda guessed clicking on this that almost everyone would be rockin the same shelving. Is it just because it's accessible and the right size? Dunno, I can't get down on ikea stuff.

[image]

I currently have mine in a rad box from the olden' days ;). Been in the family for a while, I dig it. My 7s are in the upper right, which you can hardly see, but theyre on a little shelf next to my TV/stereo/etc. Also have another bunch of LPs between the legs of my nightstand, and some stuff that isn't really in rotation elsewhere.

[image]

I can see how having an epic record collection would require massive beefy shelving though. Not exactly a terrible problem to have ;):D

• jhulud locked this topic