Post Your Record Storage Area

Storage area (everything is mirrored/reversed):

[image]

The top square with fewer records is my ever growing Black Moth Super Rainbow (and related bands) collection. Lower squares are for storage + 7" bin. (Records are leaning I know! Straightened up since I took this).

Turntable:

[image]

Turntable is on the other side of my room on a shitty metal wire stand thing that I bought at target years back. Table itself is a Pioneer PL-570. Unfortunately, it's pretty damn scratched up, and is the pretty flimsy plastic version (there was also a wood/metal version, but that is now pretty hard to find, at least I think). Works for me though, and I upgraded the cartridge and got a new belt...

What in the hell is going on with those batteries?

Batteries provide less/no signal noise in comparison to a voltage transformation circuit. My guess is he is using it to power his pre amp on the left. Also, Lantern Cells have battery life in the range of thousands of mAh so it would take a while till he would need to change them. I might be wrong as this is only speculation.

What in the hell is going on with those batteries?

Batteries provide less/no signal noise in comparison to a voltage transformation circuit. My guess is he is using it to power his pre amp on the left. Also, Lantern Cells have battery life in the range of thousands of mAh so it would take a while till he would need to change them. I might be wrong as this is only speculation.

This is the correct answer... they power the phono pre-amp. I actually reworked things yesterday so that the batteries sit in a 7" box below, much more inconspicuous! It's a DIY phono preamp, hence the "meth lab" look. I'm hoping the lantern batteries will last quite a while, I was originally running off of 9v batteries and I burned through about 3 sets of those in a month.... so they had to go.

Hows the vibration with that thing hanging off the edge

Fine... the spongy rubber feet do a great job of absorbing vibration. But I really need to get a big slab of something to put under the table. I'm thinking slate or granite. Previous turntable fit on top of the Expedit just fine but this thing is a beast, the back legs are the same way. But it's centered, balanced, and leveled, and sounds great for now.

• jhulud locked this topic