Post Your Record Storage Area

I have the same setup as TattooMike. I hadn't seen anyone else do that so it's cool to know other people organize their collection that way too. I just used cardboard boxes to hold the records though since I'm cheap, lol. It's sturdy without any bends and I have every shelf full. I have two of these racks, this is a picture of Hi to Sc:

[image]

Nice to see an old school collection around here every now and again. Very nice.

Thanks! My collection is basically a mixture of old school and new school.

Here's the other rack I have which is #'s to G:

[image]

It's not as festively decorated, lol. S-Z is scattered around the floor in like 12 boxes so it's not worth showing. Need to get a third rack but don't really have the room for another. Probably should get some uniform boxes/crates too. I've actually never done spine out storage but I can see the benefit of it since it saves some space.

I saw the cardboard 7" deals and said I would try to make one at work. Well, today I didn't feel like getting lunch and figured I'd try to slam one of them out. I consider this my prototype. I want to add hand holds and a lid to the next one. But yeah, it's a start, I'll try and get the other one going next week. I may even get some dividers made so I can get these fuckers in some sort of order finally.

[image]

[image]

I saw the cardboard 7" deals and said I would try to make one at work. Well, today I didn't feel like getting lunch and figured I'd try to slam one of them out. I consider this my prototype. I want to add hand holds and a lid to the next one. But yeah, it's a start, I'll try and get the other one going next week. I may even get some dividers made so I can get these fuckers in some sort of order finally.

[image]

[image]

this looks super solid! if you get these down to a science, I bet you'd have no problems selling a few!

this looks super solid! if you get these down to a science, I bet you'd have no problems selling a few!

I've had it suggested twice that I should have them be shorter, but make a lid that goes over. What do you think, box encase the 7" entirely or only go up about 4-5" and then make a lid that makes up for the rest?

I've had it suggested twice that I should have them be shorter, but make a lid that goes over. What do you think, box encase the 7" entirely or only go up about 4-5" and then make a lid that makes up for the rest?

I personally would raise it to 5 inches in height, maybe 6 at the most. It makes it a bit harder to reach the sleeves when they're covered from all sides and have to be picked up from the top (if that makes sense).

• jhulud locked this topic