Post Your Record Storage Area

Thanks! His name is Miles. He's got a new French Bulldog buddy hanging around, but she apparently wasn't feeling photogenic.

Do you go crazy watching the tv behind the blinds. I once had a tv by the window and it gave me headaches

Actually, the posted pic really exaggerates the light. The blinds actually do a really good job of keeping light out. The room is generally really dim, and the TV is plasma, so its nice and bright. It beats having the TV on another wall with a big glare on it!

^^^ I'm sure with that many it's hard to keep everything straight. Looks good.

Thanks. I haven't attempted the High Fidelity cataloging of everything autobiographical yet. It's all in alphabetical. It's 6 rows high which is heaps taller than I am (5'10") and I think I need to invest in one of those library foot ladders. According to my list, it's just under 2300 LPs. This is why I have never started a Dead Format page. It would be far too much work and since I'm not into buying variants of the same record (unless it has different cover art), do people really want to know that I actually own 3 copies of CHEAP TRICK's Dream Police? (I forgot I owned it and kept buying it from $1 record fairs).

Thanks. I haven't attempted the High Fidelity cataloging of everything autobiographical yet. It's all in alphabetical. It's 6 rows high which is heaps taller than I am (5'10") and I think I need to invest in one of those library foot ladders. According to my list, it's just under 2300 LPs. This is why I have never started a Dead Format page. It would be far too much work and since I'm not into buying variants of the same record (unless it has different cover art), do people really want to know that I actually own 3 copies of CHEAP TRICK's Dream Police? (I forgot I owned it and kept buying it from $1 record fairs).

Haha, I'm not sure why you own the record at all? "Dream Police" is a great song, but that record, eh :)

Maybe you're just a huge CT fan.

It looks very High Fidelity.

Haha, I'm not sure why you own the record at all? "Dream Police" is a great song, but that record, eh :)

Maybe you're just a huge CT fan.

It looks very High Fidelity.

CHEAP TRICK are awesome. Own every album. Huge fan of their melodic rock n roll and i think Robin is one of the best voices in the business. Huge fan of CT.

To be told my collection is very High Fidelity is a great compliment as it's one of my all time favourite movies.

Pay me in records and I'll come over and do it.

Pay me in records and I'll come over and do it.

I have a few extra copies of Dream Police. Will that do? ;)

Monk.. sometimes a simple cord bundler makes a world of difference. Just get one for the TV floor area and that part will look a whole lot better.

If you have a girlfriend, you can blame the next tip on her. Get some cloth to drape over three sides of the speakers tacked down or weighted by something so they don't fall and have the cords hidden behind them until they get to the floor and you can put one of those rubber things over the top of them to get them to the wall, then just tack/staple/hook them to the top of the toe board on the walls to run them toward the TV.

• jhulud locked this topic