2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

My store split the releases. You had to either go left or right. They had at leat 25 copies each of Childish Gambino and Scott Pilgrim (no exaggeration). I wish I could grab some for people in here but I don't have the extra funds :(

"25 copies each of Childish Gambino and Scott Pilgrim"

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

My store had everything in alphabetical order in 12", 10", and 7" sections. It worked pretty well until people stopped following the line and just bolted to what they were looking for. Definitely glad I was up in the front of the line and got what I needed. They didn't have any circa 7"s, which seemed odd. I was hoping to help a friend out with that one.

The store I was at also had a buttload of Gambino, Scott pilgrim, 6 cake box sets, 7 DMB live trax, and 4 LCD box sets.

ah did you have the descendants shirt on/were the one i asked about fest?

on a side note, they should really set that up better, it's a shit storm. they shouldn't put all the vinyl right in the front like that

got all the stuff i needed excluding death cab though so i'm happy

Yep, that was me.

And yeah, the way they had it laid out was crazy, but I liked that no one really needed to go through the stacks. They probably should've only let a few people in the store at a time so the staff could grab what they needed without any trouble.

Got in and out in 5 minutes. Got everything on my list except Built to Spill, which I was on the fence about anyway. Pretty good haul for me. I would post photos, but I suck at taking pictures.

Neko Case - Satellite of Love 7"

Dolly Parton - Blue Smoke 7" (no idea what this is like, but hoping it's like Loretta Lynn's TMR sound)

David Bowie - 1984 pic disc

SDRE/Circa - split

Soundgarden 10" singles box

Dinosaur Jr Visitors 7" box

Songs Ohia 7" box

Oasis Supersonic 12"

Joy Division - An Ideal for Living 12"

Scott Pilgrim soundtrack

Spoon Love Ways reish

Flaming Lips 7 Skies H3

The Space Project 12"

Price on teh Songs Ohia box was ridic (I think it was like $70), but I'm sure it will be worth it. Spent close to $300 all told.